Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Losing File Permissions TeamSite 6.5
mannyroble
Has anyone else run into this?
If I edit a file ( files that aren't templated), by first downloading it locally, and then uploading it back, the permissions that were on the file before the edit will have been wiped out. The only permissions left are the TeamSite Web Preview user and of course me the one who changed the file. This gets to be very annoying because then when other users regenerate pages and they just happen to be using the presentation template for example that I changed, they get errors and I have to go and reapply the permissions again.
This is TeamSite 6.5 on Windows 2003 Server. Is there something I'm missing here? This did not happen when we were on 6.1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do you usually submit the file after uploading it?
Do you have a submit.cfg file in place?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
NathansDIS
I haven't seen this exact issue, but I have seen some issues with permissions on 6.5. When I import and submit a file, it gets its permissions set by the following rule in submit.cfg.
^/default/main/DSHS/EMRtest/WORKAREA/.*$
{
^.*$
{
owner="ssv\\dshsecm"
setaccess = { "ssv\\L-S-SSV DSHS MR Web Share:ALL","ssv\\L-S-SSV DIS EBS ECM Admins:ALL","SSVAPOLYTS1D\\Administrators:ALL","SSVAPOLYTS1D\\TeamSite Web Preview:ALL" }
}
}
However, when I view this file's properties in the TeamSite UI, it shows the group field populated with "SSV\Domain Users".
Interestingly, now that I have upgraded to TS 6.5 SP1, this behavior seems to have gone away. We are on TS 6.5 SP1 on Windows 2000. Are you using 6.5 SP1? Was this one of the issues that IW fixed with the SP1 release?
Hope this helps,
Nathan
Washington DIS
mannyroble
I don't always submit my files after I upload it. My submit.cfg is empty right now - it didn't seem like I needed to set anything up with it, becuase I didn't really need any special permissions set once I submitted files - I just wanted the same default behavior as in 6.1
mannyroble
We are on Windows 2003 and TeamSite 6.5 SP1. Was this something I missed when we installed the latest version in the documentation that I was supposed to have configured this? This problem also is not when I import a file which I can see why it won't have the proper permissions - this is editing a file and then uploading it back, so it should already have the right permissions, unless I'm missing something here.
anthonyl
Hi NathanDIS,
Did you ever resolve this? We have been cruising along just fine, no config changes to speak of, and the same thing has started happening to us. When the file's premissions are changed to ****\Domain Users, this tends to break our workflow model too...
Cheers,
Anthony.
TS 6.1 SP2, OD 6, MT 4.0.1 - W2K & 2K3