Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
access a worksite MP Item directly from an outside
ehkalyan
hi,
How can I access a WORKSITE MP ITEM from an outside HTML Page directly. The requirement is as follows.
I need to make a HTML page which has links (href) embedded and point to a worksite MP document.
Once I click the links, it points to the location of the Workste MP document, but it doesnot open the document.
HOW CAN WE MAKE THESE LINKS OPEN THE DOCUMENT DIRECTLY INSTEAD!!
Regards,
Hemanth
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If you suffix the URL (as created by 'send link' action) with dispatch?operation, that should do it. Take the specific objectID etc values from URL when you are in view details.
Try:
https://<server>/worksitemp/dispatch?objectId=<objectID
in !V3!...! format>&operation=view&datasource=version
ehkalyan
Hi Barney,
Thank you for a prompt reply. I still have some confusion related to this.
for example,
If the url in question is
http://<server>/worksitemp/dispatch?datasource=document&operation=view&returnUrl=111280541971056802&objectId=!V3!CMS!C!D$10167
!
where does the required change need to be done.
In your reply you have informed that
If you suffix the URL (as created by 'send link' action) with dispatch?operation,
but there is nothing like dispatch?operation in the URL.
am a bit confused. :-(
Waiting for an answer.
Regards,
Hemanth
Migrateduser
Hi Hemanth,
the pieces of syntax we need to add to the URL generated by 'send link' are:
dispatch?
operation=view
datasource=version
objectID=!V3!CMS!C!D$10167!
I don't think the sequence matters.
So, yours would be:
http://<server>/worksitemp/dispatch?datasource=version&operation=view&objectID=!V3!CMS!C!D$10167
!
Note there is no returnUrl. I thought you were trying to place this href into some 'other, non-WSMP' html page to launch the view command from outside WSMP. If so, returnUrl might be URL of your launching page (not sure if that works).
HTH. Cheers, Barney
ehkalyan
Hi Barney,
Thanks for the reply. It worked marvelous.
thank you once again man!
Regards,
Hemanth
Raj77
Hi Berney/Hemanth,
I have the same requirement here. I'm also trying to access the document using the link as follows
http://10.10.10.10:8080/worksitemp/dispatch?datasource=document&operation=view&bjectId=!V3!EDRDEVHYD!C!D$3611!
But it always going to the login page to enter the username and password. I wants to bypass this & system shd allow the user to access the page directly.
Your immediate response would be appreciated.
My personal mail id is :
a_n_rajagopal@yahoo.com
. Looking forward for your response.
Thanks for your time.
Thanks,
-Raj.
Raj77
Hi Hemanth,
I was trying to access the link as shown below.
http://10.144.49.12/worksitemp/dispatch?datasource=document&operation=view&bjectId=!V3!EDRDEVHYD!C!D$3611!
It's always going to the worksite login screen & prompting to enter the username & password. How shd I bypass this login screen & access directly the document & display it in the jsp.
If you have any sample code pls provide me the same.
Your immediate response would be appreciated.
My personal mail id is:
a_n_rajagopal@yahoo.com
Thanks,
-Raja.
Nicholas
Using WOM, you can create WorkSite MP session by supplying the username/password and then you can access the WorkSite MP items. Is it not serving your purpose?