Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Want to use IWAUTH to validate
Bowker
TS 6.5
CSSDK 2.5
Win 2k3
If this is a stupid question - forgive me. I can't figure this one out.
I want to write a custom app that will appear on a new tab in cc-pro. I need to validate the user to create a csclient object. I have the IWAUTH cookie, it's valid, but how do I create a new client object with just the IWAUTH cookie?
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
This is a new tab in the Content Center application right (IE not a stand alone app)?
If that's the case, then csclient object is available for you in the session.
You're pages will only be accessed after a session has been created.
Are your pages set up in web.xml (authentication filter etc)
I'm not sure if you're asking something else.
John Cuiuli
Bowker
The application will be living under a new tab called "Quick Jobs".
The content of the 'page' is generated by calling a java application that is doing cssdk type activities. I would like to have that application create the CSFactory.getClient(...) based upon the IWAUTH cookie. There doesn't appear to be a method that accepts that as a parameter instead of a username.
Alternative that will work for me is. . . Is there a method/... in cssdk to determine "who" an IWAUTH cookie belongs to? That way I could use the GetTrustedClient call without a password.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Johnny
In reply to:
generated by calling a java application that is doing cssdk type activities.
How are you calling it?.. as in you are executing a system command? This is a little confusing for me.
Could you not have your app as part of the Content Center application via the UI Toolkit?
I might be missing something, but that seems to be the most pratical way.
John Cuiuli
Bowker
John,
Maybe this will help:
<tabset id="iw.ccpro.common.tabset">
<!-- Add a "ECMS" tab -->
<tab id="customer.ecms.link"
label="Quick Jobs"
url="
http://ecms.ntrs.com:8082/ecms/getJobListing"
target="_top" />
</tabset>
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Johnny
oh I see... well I don't know.
So just to understand.. this is a stand alone application that has other uses, but is also accessed from the CC interface as well (not exclusive to CC).
I'm not sure if the cookie actually represents the session ID.. in that case you might be able to use that.
If worse comes to worse, your build process could deploy the relvent parts to this stand alone app and the CC UI Toolkit.
Looks like I've got nothing else (again sorry)!
John Cuiuli
mgal
Not sure if this is what you are looking for
From the UI manual i see this
Accessing ContentServices SDK
To access the Java ContentServices SDK from within ContentCenter custom Java code
(either a servlet or JSP), obtain an object of type CSClient to use in ContentServices
methods, as shown by the following:
Example
protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws ServletException, IOException
{
CSClient client = (CSClient) request.getAttribute("iw.csclient");
if (!client.isValid())
throw new ServletException("No valid user");
...
}
Hope this helps
Mohammed Gazal.
Johnny
Dan has described his application as *not* being within the contentcenter application.
John Cuiuli
mgal
Sorry then. I think there is a method in CSFactory Class
getClient
public abstract CSClient getClient(java.lang.String sessionString,
java.util.Locale locale,
java.lang.String appContext,
java.lang.String serverName)
throws CSInvalidSessionStringException,
CSExpiredSessionException,
CSAuthenticationException,
CSInvalidRoleException,
CSRemoteException,
CSException
Here you can pass the session string as the value from IWAUTH cookie
Hope this helps
Thxs,
Mohammed Gazal.
Johnny
So the cookie does actually represent the session ID string?
No problem then
John Cuiuli
mgal
Yes it does.
Thxs,
Mohammed Gazal.