Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
custimozing the help link in ccstd
coschtl
Hi,
I would like to customize the "help link" on the right top of ccstd. I know that I could just modify the file s_mc_cc.html, but that is not what I want to do. I would like to do the customization branch specific.
Does anybody know how to do this?
Thanks,
Stephan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
TS version ?
coschtl
TS 6.1SP2 running on Windows 2000 SP4
DavidMusser
Since CC Standard a user can technically be in several branches... i.e. the work in progress select box... are you thinking about having the help link key off of that value when you open help?
I have not done this, but I would think if you could replace the help link with a jsp you could get that value and then build your help appropriatly... I know this isn't an answer I'm just trying to see your logic on the branch specific.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
coschtl
I have also thought about this.
A possible solution would be to display the "normal" Interwoven help if the branch can't be detected (as on the CCSTD home page). But there are also other pages (i.e. the file browser) where the workarea is known and therefore could be used to customize help. But also on this pages the help link targets a html file instead of a jsp.
In the meantime I have opened a support case on this, perhaps they can find a solution.
Regards,
Stephan
PS
The reason why I want to do this is that we have different customers on our CMS server separated by root branches. And some of these customers want to customize help (i.e. the help link should target their own help system)...
DavidMusser
I do like the idea... i think it would be a good Feature Request to have help be per branch, for now I think you are on the right track with keying off of the workarea if you can, and then if not give the default one...
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
vijay_m_charles
Hi, I am trying to do the same. But I am not able to get the selected workarea from the "my work in progress" portlet into my custom JSP on the "Help" Portlet, Please advice if you have had success.
Bill Klish
In TS 6.7.1 it will be easy to make this link be configurable on a branch by branch basis, if you were to define a bunch of custom operations. This gets unmanageable for a lot of branches.
Instead pulling the path into your Java code seems like the right answer. I can't say that I specifically have pulled it in, but looking at the request data that Interwoven provides should give you an idea on where the information is coming from. I believe the values for those portlets are stored in the entity database somewhere/somehow. None of that information is available via CS SDK to my knowledge in 6.1. Not sure it is in 6.7.1 either.