Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Start workflow from a remote web page
Anip
Windows / Teamsite 6.1 SP2
Hi all,
I heard tale of being able to kick off a workflow via a url (kinda like the all the links you get in the email based workflow templates). I've searched through the doco and the forums and can't see anything to this effect, everything I've seen that refers to instantiating workflows remotely have been with reference to the CSSDK.
We would like to kick off a workflow to import documents from a portlet. The user would then get presented with pop-up dialogs as they would in the Standard Content Centre wizard.
Any ideas?
Ani
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
As long as your user is able to log in to Teamsite, they will be able to start a workflow remotely. You can use CCI URL's to access almost any resource, so if, for instance, you were to create a custom menu item, you could construct an XML workflow definition with it and invoke it later in the script.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
iwovGraduate
You might want to look at
KB #50528 - URL Commands (CCI URLs) in 6.0
Anip
Excellent - thanks both of you. I'd found talk of the CCI URLs but all the ones with reference to workflows were for existing jobs where you past the task id as a parameter. I simply hadn't spotted that there's an entire chapter dedicated to URL Commands in the UI Customization Guide including one for starting a new job
Thanks again
jwl
Hi Ani
Just wondering how you eventually resolved this? I am facing the same issue.
Thanks,
John