Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Starting a workflow from Dropdwon Menu
Freedom
Hi:
What is the best way to start a workflow from drop down menu in TeamSite 6.5 withoutgoing through available_template.cfg?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
Take a look at iwwft_compile.ipl. You should also be able to search on this and find many threads on devnet.
iwovGraduate
CCStd or CCPro ? I guess you are refering to CCPro since CCStd does not have drop down menus.
You'll probably have to write some custom code (menu item) that will collect all necessary information (if applicable), create a workflow specification, and invoke a workflow using iwjobc.
I think iwjobc will not refer to available_templates.cfg - I could be wrong though.
Buy why re-invent the wheel when you can use Actions->NewJob/Assign or Submit, etc. ?
Why do you need to avoid going through available_templates.cfg ?
Freedom
Thanks for your reply.
I am using ccpro, and tried to start a wf using url="/iw-cc/newjob?vpath=/default/main&iw_template_file=****" from the ui_custom.xml, but it did not seem working. Should I create a CGI script to call the url?
Thanks
iwovGraduate
If you are thinking about creating a menu item which calls that URL ... Why not use File->NewJob instead ?
I believe that starting the workflow via that URL will refer to the available_templates.cfg - which you indicated earlier that you want to aviod.
Why do you need to avoid going through available_templates.cfg ?
Freedom
Well... there is no more submit direct anymore... THis is to restore the functoin. That's why.
Anyway, I made it work by using urlPara in the ui_custom.xml file
Thanks for all your help.
Migrateduser
I am interested to here the use case for submit direct, could you post it here?thanks.
lissa
iwovGraduate
Can you explain how would that restore the function of submit direct ?
As far as I know submit direct would submit the files to staging area
without
invoking a workflow. TS 6.x forces you to use a workflow, however it also provides a OOTB default workflow which basiaclly just does a submit i.e. the workflow does not have any other tasks. You might as well use just that. (configuration v/s customization)
Copy of BatStatusReport.zip
Freedom
When I say "submit direct", imeant fuctional wise. You just need to create a workflow (the default_submit.wft is a good start) which can submit files directly to staging without any approval process. And you can invoke the wf from the dropdwon menu.
Please let me know this helps
iwovGraduate
The point I was trying to make is why go through the customization when you have that available OOTB. You probably have reasons to do things that way, but haven't mentioned it here.
Anyways, you have already done it. So be it.
Freedom
Hi;
What is OOBT? Thanks
Adam Stoller
What is OOBT? Thanks
It's OOTB not OOBT - and it stands for
O
ut-
O
f-
T
he-
B
ox.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
iwovGraduate
OOBT = typo. my bad.
It should have been OOTB.
Adam Stoller
Actually - you typed it correctly - it was simply referenced incorrectly when being asked about by Freedom.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com