Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem adding custom item
faz_at_freddie
In 6.5, I'm trying to add custom menu id in CCPro right beside the Actions menu, however I'm getting the error, "unable to find link instance fs_navigate_to_parent", when I try to open up the CCpro screen. Here is my code in the ui_custom.xml file:
<action-list id="iw.ccpro.filesys.menubar">
<iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccpro.action.menu">
<menu id="iw.ccpro.custom.menu">
<link id="od.check.link"
label="OD Check"
description="OD Check"
url="/iw-bin/wdpro_menu.ipl/c_od_con_check.cgi"
windowFeatures="width=640,height=570,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,titlebar=no,resizable=yes,status=yes,center=true,dependent=false"
target="_blank"
operationID="od.check.op">
</link>
</menu>
</iwov-insert-after>
</action-list>
As soon as I remove and recompile, ccpro opens up fine. Is this not correct?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DavidMusser
Don't quote me on this, but I remember something about NOT being able to add anything to the file/edit/actions section... I'd check with support to be sure, but I thought that you could not modify that one... I could be wrong... but I remember there was something at one time that could not be added to and I think it was that.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
faz_at_freddie
I thought you can add onto this bar, but not remove existing menu headings. I've been able to add CMIs to the File and View menus, but thought it would be nice to add all my CMIs to another heading labeled Custom scripts or something and not clutter up the File or Vew menus.
DavidMusser
As I said don't quote me on it :-) But what I would do is send the code configuration you have to support and see if they can get it to work, or if they can confirm that you can or can not add a menu item like that.
I like the concept, and I hope it works.... but I just remember something and this was the 6.0 version that I remember back to... so I could be wrong.
I did try the configuration you had, and I got the same error you did.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
faz_at_freddie
Thanks David. I'll let you know what I find out.
Adam Stoller
What are you trying to do here?
Add a new menu collection after Actions (i.e. [File][Edit][View][Actions][your-menu-list-here])?
Try:
<action-list id="iw.ccpro.filesys.menubar">
<iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccpro.action.menu">
<menu id="iw.ccpro.custom.menu"
label="Custom"
>
<link id="od.check.link"
label="OD Check"
description="OD Check"
url="/iw-bin/wdpro_menu.ipl/c_od_con_check.cgi"
windowFeatures="width=640,height=570,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,titlebar=no,resizable=yes,status=yes,center=true,dependent=false"
target="_blank"
operationID="od.check.op">
</link>
</menu>
</iwov-insert-after>
</action-list>
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
DavidMusser
Great Job Fish!
I modified mine to test a little and it works like a charm.. not sure which Iteam I was thinking about or if this had changed, but I'm glad that works. Here is what I used to test.
<action-list id="iw.ccpro.filesys.menubar">
<menu id="iw.ccpro.custom.menu" label="Custom">
<link id="show.env.link"
label="Show_Env"
description="Show Env"
url="/iw-bin/show_env.cgi"
windowFeatures="width=640,height=570,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,titlebar=no,resizable=yes,status=yes,center=true,dependent=false"
target="_blank"
operationID="od.check.op">
</link>
</menu>
</action-list>
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
faz_at_freddie
Yep, that worked! Thanks Fish!
nipper
OK Fish, now I am curious, how do you line out a line in a post ? Since I do not see that
as a choice in the markup, I assume you just wrote the HTML to do that.
Which means you have way too much time on your hands, BTW.
Andy
DavidMusser
maybe too much time, but it was coooool...
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
Adam Stoller
I used
<strike>...</strike>
-- or in this case
<font color='gray'><strike>...</strike></font>
It's not too difficult to format in html - and it's easier if you do it in a different program (I use emacs) and then copy/paste it into the textarea (and make sure you have
using HTML
selected for the post format.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
view source, does not look too tough
<font color='gray'><strike><<x>iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccpro.action.menu"></strike></font>
Did not use HTML so you can see it & I can cut & paste it at a later time
DavidMusser
Emacs.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... haven't you ever heard of
VI
" :-)
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
Adam Stoller
Of course I've heard of vi - and I use it fairly frequently - but emacs is my editor-of-choice.
But we digress ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com