Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Autoprivate for files created outside of TS UI
vp98aa
Hi
Is it possible to mark a file NOT created through the Teamsite UI (either ccpro or ccstd) private automatically? I have some files are created by external application that I need to mark as "private". I put an entry that looks something like ((_tmp.xml)) in the autoprivate.cfg file. It works just fine if the "_tmp.xml" file is created using the CCPro/CCStd UI but it doesnt work if the file is created outside of Teamsite UI.
Anyway to make that work?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
V
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Isn't the autoprivate flag an extended attribute that you could set with iwextattr.exe? I'm not positive, only guessing here.
lissa
Adam Stoller
No autoprivate.cfg is responsible for setting the private 'flag' on files when they are first created, after they're created you can use the iwprv CLT to set (or clear) the private 'bit'
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
vp98aa
So I have to call that CLT from the external application that created the file? How about if I was just importing files in a bulk (like lots of files that had *_tmp.xml)? Is there a better way to solve this?
Thanks,
V
james1
autoprivate.cfg should govern all files, no matter how they are created.
(1) Make sure you run "iwreset" after modifying autoprivate.cfg, to make iwserver read your new settings.
(2) Make sure you are *creating* a new file, not modifying an existing one.
If you are still having problems, then I suggest you contact Interwoven Technical Support.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering