Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Suggestions on KB Cleanup
iwovGraduate
Starting a new thread for identifying KBs for cleanup/updates.
I would suggest the following format :
KB # - name/title. Possibly with a link to the actual KB on support site.
- list of suggestions,
- or any comments to this KB
Feel free to comment/critique this.
I'll start with one identified by fish in this [url="
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEAMSITE&Number=55779&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>thread
- Perhaps create a new KB with a title - "Changing Hostname / IP of TeamSite server." or something along those lines.
- Update this KB for information regarding 6.x
- Update it to include all supported platforms - Solaris, Windows, Linux, AIX(?).
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
I think it's a decent idea. Something really needs to be done to clean up the KB. But the thread wouldn't do anything without someone monitoring it to actually do the clean up...
iwovGraduate
Yes, something really needs to be done - I think even IWOV does not deny that. Just accusing IWOV of not listening to devnet users/customers' concerns is just not fair.
See this
thread
for example about KB updates.
Edited by iwovGraduate on 04/19/05 12:46 PM (server time).
Migrateduser
Thank you for the recommendation about changing KB 48503. I am going to work with one of our Technical Support Engineers tomorrow to update the article with information about 6.x and will let you know once it is corrected. This is a great place, and way, to let me know about KBs that you see that you would like to have updated. I will try to always be responsive. We want our Knowledge Base to be the best it can, and your feedback will help us do that.
Thanks and please keep it coming.
Heather Simon
Interwoven Technical Support
DavidMusser
You could send the updates off shore ;-) Oh wait sorry, that would be considered a cross post... :-)
Seriously I do like the idea of a thread, and if you could include the links in the thread about outdated ones etc, maybe we could provide our own feedback etc.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
iwovGraduate
One more:
Technote:
New CLTs for Indexing and Searching in TeamSite 6.5
- As identified by fish earlier in one of the threads, this KB is basically cut and paste from the manual and is pretty much useless.
- What I would like to see is some real working examples of querying criteria such as date - extended attribute and/or DCR data.
Migrateduser
Personally, I'd like to see more working examples of everything, in general. The documentation goes only so far -- and some of the examples in there are pretty good -- but, some real but generic examples would be very appropriate along a wide range of topics.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
iwovGraduate
Good point. Its upto IWOV to provide examples, but no harm in asking. While we are asking, lets be specific.
Would be nice if you provided some examples of "everything" in "more working examples of everything, in general".
Migrateduser
Okay, okay... no, I'm referring to FormAPI, nested workflows, VisualAnnotate (examples of this are sorely lacking), DataDeploy configs, etc., etc.... pretty much everything!
Is that specific enough for ya?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Migrateduser
As someone who used to work in Interwoven Engineering, I can tell you it's really hard to dream up examples that have real meaning for real people.
We do have the ability for DevNet members to submit articles; if you guys have real examples, then send them in
If you have very detailed,specific examples that would be helpful, I can pass those along too,
Ex might be: Show me how to check a replicant from FormAPI .... the more specific, the easier it will be to have someone write it.
hth,
lissa
Migrateduser
I am not sure if you have seen the following KB document:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=54140
It provides more information about searching and provides more examples. It was recently written by our engineering search team. I think this KB should answer a lot of what you are looking for. However, if you are looking for something more specific, please let me know.
Thank you,
Heather Simon
Interwoven Technical Support
Adam Stoller
I got a copy of that by way of a support case I opened up - I haven't, unfortunately had time to really do anything with it - but I think someone needs to take a stab at reformatting the source document from which the PDF was generated and produce a better-formatted-PDF.
The other thing that stood out from looking at that document was that it would be really-really-nice if IWOV put a front-end on its front-end to allow users who aren't XML-addicts to formulate queries in something more closely approximating English -- or even something like SQL-type expressions - so that the command can be issued from the command line without having to create an XML-file beforehand.
I'm hoping to get to play around with the information in the document after I get back from GearUp - but it all depends on how much work piles up while I'm there ... (in other words - the rest of you folks out here should not wait for me before trying it out and providing more feedback).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com