Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Migrating to another server
LondonGregg
Afternoon Fellow workers
I'm relatively new to the Interwoven family and have been asked to examine the procedures for moving a Worksite NT 6.0 from one server to another.
We are moving from a poor spec Win2000 to an enterprise server with better performance.
Is there a white paper/check list that I can examine to ensure we cover all the angles?
I've searched the DevNet but not found anything yet.
We are not upgrading to a later Worksite build at this stage.
Any hints?
Gregg
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi There--
You and I seem to be engaging in similar tasks these days. We're on WorkSite 8.0 over here--but it seems there are some pretty critical general steps one needs to take.
For WorkSite 8.0:
1. Do a full backup of your existing database (Ours is MS SQL)
2. Do a full backup of your server's imanage document and index folders: (e.g. \imanage_docs\NAME_OF_YOUR_INSTANCE; \imanage_index\NAME_OF_YOUR_INSTANCE)
3. Restore both backups to your new server's DB and File server/directory paths.
NOTE: If you're naming the restored database to something else, things get tricky--if its the same name, its a little easier. Based on your email,
I'll assume its the same.
4. If you have iManage running on the new server with other instances, stop the services. (e.g. index manager, index search, rules engine, etc.)
5. Connect WorkSite Server service to WorkSite database
6. Connect index manager service to WorkSite database
7. Connect index search service to WorkSite database
8. Connect rules engine to WorkSite database
9. Add full text indexing to WorkSite services
10. Restart all the WorkSite services.
If you're restoring to a different name, let me know there are a few things you'll need to do to keep you out of trouble!:-))
Hope this helps,
--P
Paula DiTallo - Middleware Architect/ .NET Developer
plditallo@metro-design-dev.com
cheeku
Hi
Can you please help me in telling the steps to migrate teamsite 5.5.2 server to another server of same configuration?
By migration I mean all the branches and all the custom files.
Thanks
Cheeku