Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Taketask CCI
rwinterpacht
Hi,
I'm using the taketask CCI link in an email, which points to a workflow grouptask. The link opens up a browser window, (authenticates user if necessary,) and displays the group task. Then the user has to click on "Take" (which they can hardly see), and then the next steps in the workflow are activated, since it's now a user task.
Our users are asking that we somehow just take the task, as the CCI url would imply, instead of just opening up the group task.
Anyone else having this issue, or know a way to make it more streamlined and intuitive? The transitiontask won't work, since the user first has to take ownership of the task.
Thanks!
Raf Winterpacht
HSBC Technology Services
TS 6.5
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I have the same beef with the group task url commands, and I'm afraid there's no direct workaround. I suppose if you were really ambitious, you could implement your own url command using CSSDK, and use that instead.
A big part of the problem is the very nature of group tasks and emails. The user might not even read the email until the task has already been taken, in which case, having taketask actually take the task would fail.
jbonifaci
What url are you using? In 5.x series, I always just created a cgi that I linked to that would take ownership of the task for the user with a clt and then forward them to the correct task.
In 6.1, I am able to use the url below. It takes ownership of the task and then opens the task window:
http://
<TS Server Name>
/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.take_task?done_page=/iw-cc/ccpro/workflow/update_handler.jsp%3ftaskid%3d
<task id>
&full_redirect=true&taskid=
<task id>
Not sure if it works the same in 6.5, but I would guess so?
rwinterpacht
I will give that a try, but is certainly doesn't appear in their documentation (The uicg.) In fact, that looks like you almost took the URL right from the "Take" link...would that be supported by our vendor?
Thanks
Raf Winterpacht
HSBC Technology Services
TS 6.5
DavidMusser
There's a kb article that says not to use the /command urls, and to use the RefId... i've opened a case to see if this is true or not. Cause the functionality of the urls for take task and other work a lot better so it would be nice if we could use these urls without having to worry that when we upgrade they will go away.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
rwinterpacht
Hi, can you point me to that KB article?
Thanks much.
Raf Winterpacht
HSBC Technology Services
TS 6.5
DavidMusser
TechArticle: 53543
>>
>>Title: Do's and Don't of UI Customization
But as I put in my other post on the developer section... I got this from support...
....
This is reg CEC: How do you find a REF ID for a specific action?
Please open the file <iw-home>\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\ccstd\commandgroups.
xml to get the list of commands
As this is related to the workflow task, the matching linkid and
corresponding refId can be found in <iw-home>\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\ccstd\ui_workflow.xml file
Even though the KB article suggests not to use /iw-cc/command and recommends refID to use it, the hyperlink works perfectly with
/iw-cc/command in it. This KB article may be applicable when you want to customize the particular application in the GUI wherein the servlet
engine will automatically append the /iw-cc. A bug has also been raised which is not accepted by the engineering Team. So please go ahead and
use /iw-cc/command in the hyperlink
So I'm gonna use them for now... hopefully they won't yank support for them :-)
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
Migrateduser
link to the article on devnet
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/docs/site.fcgi/techlib/53543
lissa
Migrateduser
There is also another thread about this:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEAMSITE&Number=31608&Main=31608
- Jason
Nissan
Hi Jeff,
I am working on similar requirement and though that it would be a good idea to ask you regarding this.
i provided a link in the email, clicking on which would take me to a cgi that would take ownership of the task and then show the ui page for transition task. This page is basically the transition page where the user would have to go and click on the button to transition to the next task.
the main idea is to avoid showing the ui to the user. So, once taking task, is there a way to transition to the next task which is again a cgi in my case instead of clicking on the button in the CC UI and then trasitioning to the next task.
Regards,
jbonifaci
I would suggest to you to RTFM. Specifically the User Interface Customization Guide.
~Jeff