Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
quick publish script?
DavidMusser
Does anyone have a script that simply goes through all of the branchs and publishes an edition in each nightly? I'm on Winders 2000 if you do :-)
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You should be able to write a fairly simple recursion routine to do this - either walking the directories directly and avoiding going down "WORKAREA", "STAGING", and "EDITION" directories - or using the iwlist CLT (unfortunately it doesn't have it's own recusion ability). However, since I'm feeling generous (bored) - this should get you started:d
use strict;
use warnings;
use TeamSite::Config;
my $iwhome = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome();
my
@branchlist
;
get_branches(\
@branchlist
, "/default/main");
print join("\n",
@branchlist)
. "\n";
#=# Debugging
sub get_branches{
my($listref, $dir) =
@_
;
my
@branches
= qx($iwhome/bin/iwlist $dir);
chomp(
@branches)
;
s|^|$dir/| foreach(
@branches)
;
push(
@$listref
,
@branches)
if (
@branches)
;
get_branches($listref, $_) foreach(
@branches)
;
}
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
since Adam was so bored, I'd just add that in some cases I've just implemented a simple publishing perl script and put it in a cron job, as many branches sometimes have different publish frequency requirements
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
DavidMusser
Fish,
Thanks... it's nice when you are boared :-)
-D
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
DavidMusser
Greg,
Thanks I thought about doing it on a branch by branch basis in the scheduler... Unfortunatly I'm on windows right now.. waiting for Linux to be more stable :-)
But the requirement I have is extremely simple... publish a new edition every night of any branch that has had changes... So one script will do it.
Now all i gotta do is figure out what
#debug...
means... from Fish's code. I didn't think he wrote code with bugs ;-)
Thanks again both of you!
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01