Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
can we set permission in template?
cc96ai
in the same branch, can we set the premission on the template [New Form Entry] ?
User A , can create Template 1,2,3
User B , only can create Template 1
User B , only can create Template 2
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
There are a couple of ways of going about this. The most direct mapping to what you describe would be to use the <allowed> element in templating.cfg. See chapter 4 of the templating developer's guide.
However, that can be annoying to maintain. It might be better to restrict the abilities of users to create DCRs by setting appropriate permissions on the data folders and DCRs created within them, assigning users to groups, and enforcing the permissions via submit.cfg. The downside of that approach is that the users will still be able to open the templates, just not save.
If IWOV would improve the functionality of the allowed element by making it possible to reference groups, it would be the best of both worlds.
cc96ai
I added <allowed> into template.cfg
it works fine. (well, I found it is REALLY hard to maintain).
So I am trying to look around the submit.cfg
but I found out the machine doesnt have submit.cfg
.....
should I create a new one ? or the system is missing something ?
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
Migrateduser
That's surprising... well, you should have a submit.cfg in local/config . There should be an example submit.cfg laying around there for you, too.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
cc96ai
I just checked local/log/iwtrace.log
and found out these errors
ERROR: no valid submit config file found in the current configuration (E:\iw-home\local\config\submit.cfg, E:\iw-home\config\submit.cfg, E:\iw-home\local\config\submit.cfg) (2)
ERROR: no valid autoprivate file found in the current configuration (E:\iw-home\local\config\autoprivate.cfg, E:\iw-home\config\autoprivate.cfg, E:\iw-home\local\config\autoprivate.cfg) (2)
so it really means the system is missing those files ?
I only found out the sample submit.cfg
configurable_author_submit.cfg
...
under local/config/wtf/solutions/
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
nipper
You should have autoprivate.cfg.example and submirt.cfg.example in
e:\iw-home\local\config
The file you listed was for workflow and not related to submit.cfg
cc96ai
I only have configurable_author_submit.cfg & configurable_default_submit.cfg in e:\local\config\solution.
but I cannot find submit.cfg and autoprivate.cfg in E:\local\config
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
Migrateduser
Attached is the submit.cfg that ships with 6.1 on Windows. Enjoy!
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Adam Stoller
TeamSite, to the best of my knowledge has *never* shipped with either a submit.cfg or submit.cfg.example file -- it is completely up to the site administrator/developers to create one as per the documentation.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ChartForEachCountry.rptdesign
Migrateduser
ghoti is correct; it's very difficult for the engineering team to know how you would like to customize this. That's why almost all config files ship as .example.
Regards,
lissa
cc96ai
Do I need restart IW after I modify submit.cfg ?
iwreset -a
Thanks
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
cc96ai
Fogot my question
I found my answer from Doc.
- Changes to submit.cfg do not take effect until the server is restarted or until you use iwreset.
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
HorizontalList.rptdesign
cc96ai
In template.cfg
can we set group in <allowed> tag ?
base on the doc. it only mentions "role" and "user"
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
Master-crosstab-hyperlink.rptdesign
Detail-crosstab-hyperlink.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
Nope - I believe there's a FR filed for this somewhere -- I suggest you contact Support and indicate you're interested in this functionality - if they can find an existing FR for it - they can add your organizations name to it, otherwise they can create a new FR for you.
in either case - please post the FR # once you get it - so others who are interested can get their organization's name attached to it.
(note - feature reqest # - not support case #)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com