Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Accessing DCR Revision Information?
Manish_Jain
Hi,
I have a typical requirement wherein I need to access the revision history of a DCR when it is edited. Is that possible?
Can I show the name of the last user who edited the file, date and time and also the current user who is editing the file?
Please let me know if there are Form API functions to achieve this.
Regards,
Manish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't believe there is a FormAPI function for doing this --- other than making a CallServer() call to a server side script - as this is asynchronous it might be better to use a standard callout or inline script for your purposes (depending on what they are - insufficient detail in your post makes it difficult to suggest one over the other).
The CLT iwrlog can provide revision history including the user, date, time, and comments from the last submit operation (which may or may not be the person who actually last edited the file -- depends on process used for submission and role available for user who performed last edit).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com