Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom footer macro for MS Word in Portable mode
fraynie
Hello
I have some code to update the footer with document information (doc no and version no etc). This works great when I am online, but does not work in Portable mode.
I am using the Extensibility sink's OnCreateNewProfile and OnCreateNewVersion events to fire my code, which set up either a SaveAsOptionCmd sink or a NewVersionCmd sink. The relevant PostOnOk event is used to fire the macro that updates my document footer.
I am guessing that in Portable mode I need to use the PostOnOk event of the CheckinPortableCmd object - can anyone confirm this?
Also, when I am in Portable mode the OnCreateNewProfile or OnCreateNewVersion events of the Extensibility Sink object - do not fire. If the CheckinPortableCmd is the right object to use, how can I set up a sink?
I would be very grateful is anyone could help - many thanks.
Here is what I currently have...
Private WithEvents objExtensibilitySink As iManO2K.iManageExtensibility
Private WithEvents objNewVersionCmdSink As IMANEXTLib.NewVersionCmd
Private WithEvents objFileSaveCmdSink As IMANEXTLib.SaveAsOptionCmd
Public Sub SinkIManageExtensibility(objExtensibility As iManO2K.iManageExtensibility)
Set objExtensibilitySink = objExtensibility 'set up during AutoExec
End Sub
Private Sub objExtensibilitySink_OnCreateNewProfile(ByVal objImportCmd As Object)
Set objFileSaveCmdSink = objImportCmd
End Sub
Private Sub objFileSaveCmdSink_PostOnOK(ByVal pMyInterface As Object)
Dim objDocument As IManage.IManDocument
Set objDocument = objFileSaveCmdSink.Context("ImportedDocument")
'Insert footer to our document
FootActiveDocument objDocument
End Sub
Private Sub objExtensibilitySink_OnCreateNewVersion(ByVal objNewVersionCmd As Object)
Dim objDocument As IManage.IManDocument
Set objDocument = objExtensibilitySink.GetDocumentFromPath(Word.ActiveDocument.FullName)
If Not objDocument Is Nothing Then
objDocument.Refresh
End If
'Assigns our NewVersion Command sink so we can capture the events in when creating new versions
Set objNewVersionCmdSink = objNewVersionCmd
End Sub
Private Sub objNewVersionCmdSink_PostOnOK(ByVal pMyInterface As Object)
Dim objDocument As IManage.IManDocument
Set objDocument = objNewVersionCmdSink.Context("IManExt.NewVersionCmd.Document")
'Insert footer to our document
FootActiveDocument objDocument
End Sub
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet