Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Chnaging Profile info on Folders
MikeatBDB
Hi all
We have moved across to Matter Centric workspaces and this has now brought up a new problem. We put our matter partner for the matter as the author on the profile but this can change in the course of the matter. This is driven from our content management system and the data is passed across every 5 minutes. This works fine for new workspaces but we have a problem with changing the profiles associated with folders on existing workspaces.
The only solution I can see is to write a VB/C# (not use about what I will use) utility to poll the updates and if it finds an existing matter with a change of matter partner, it will get the workspaces that are associated with the matter and then parse all folders on those workspaces and update the folder profiles.
However I think this could be very slow and I wonder if there is a way of doing the check using a direct query to the database if I have the matter number(corresponds to nrClass) that I am looking for to see if I need to do any processing on folders that use this matter number in their predefined profile?
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Bircham Dyson Bell
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dabird
Interwoven highly discourages development with direct SQL queries to the database. I think your suggested approach (writing a utility to perform the updates) is best. However, is it imperative to change the author in the profile immediately? Why don't you have your utility hold all the updates from each day's processing and run a batch update overnight?
MikeatBDB
I have written a utility to read from a batch process and update the workspaces. I only wanted to see if there was a faster version using direct sql queries. We need to do this update on a very regular basis as the users will want changes in the Practice management system reflected in the workspaces.
I only have one problem at the moment. I need to be able to refile all documents within a folder. I am having problems in getting all the documents within a folder. I can get them as an IManContents class but I can see that I need them as an IManDocuments class so I can use refile. I am using c# and there is no way of casting it or any way I can see in the documentation of converting from iManContent to IManDocument. I haven't dug too deep for this yet but if you or anyone can point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
Thanks
Mike
Bircham Dyson Bell