Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Preferred method of creating PDF's?
System
I'm interested to know everyone's preferred method of automatically creating PDF's. I'm familiar with the PDF::Create pm, but I've found it severely lacking. What I did was write a VBS to convert a Word document to a PDF. This is serving me okay, but I'm interested in something more flexible and sleek.
Pointers appreciated.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
Dave, if your project is on Windows, there are heaps of free/cheap word to pdf converters (e.g., PrimoPDF,
CZ-Doc2Pdf
)... just seach the net
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Greg,
Thanks for the good advice! You're right in that it's on Windows, but since I posted my message, I discovered that the business users are using WORDPERFECT! Yes, that's right, WordPerfect. Remember WordPerfect? Yeah, it took me back, too
it's actually quite a nice product and very possibly better than Word but it's been a long time since I've looked at it. Do you know of any tools in that regard?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
gzevin
I believe CZ-Doc2Pdf supports wordperfect format
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
Try going to google and typing "wordperfect pdf convert" for the search terms - you'll find a number of hits to investigate.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Just in case I was Google-illiterate, right?
Needless to say, I did that first but I'm not willing to pay any money for this utility. I know it's possible by means of a simple VB or other script and, as a casual contributor to SourceForge, I'm a proponent of open-source software.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
nipper
THere is a tool for $25 on download.com that converts WP to PDF
gzevin
I'm a proponent of open-source software.
how about TeamSite?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
On a serious note, in a number of implementations I architected and/or implemented a number of PDF conversions... using free tools.. like ghostscript, doc2html (?) , etc
so, if you try to search, I am sure something free will be available
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Aaaah, you haven't seen Interwoven's price tag, my friend...
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
gzevin
what makes you think like that?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
I've seen both of those and I don't think they'll be able to fit my needs, but seriously, that's ok. I think what I'll do is not advertise this to the customer. I'll manage expectations
and if I get something working, that'll be gravy.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
HiddenParam.jpg
Migrateduser
While you can create PDF using open source software (such as the FOP from apache) I've worked with customers that have gone with licensed software such as ItemField.
It depends on your needs.
Bob