Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Ignore DCRs in Metadata Form
raviswamy
Hi,
We are using TS 552 on Solaris and IIS.
A DCR is created and then an ASP page is generated for that. When the ASP page is submitted to go live via a workflow one of the task in the workflow would also attached the primary DCR to the wokflow files. When the Metadata form comes up for the users to supply the Metadata info the user has to fill in the Metadata for the DCR also which is not required. This is the issue I have. I want to ignore the DCRs from coming up in the Metdata form.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi Ravi
How about moving the task that attaches the primary DCR to a point after the user has completed the metadata step?
Cheers
Michael
raviswamy
That sounds like a great idea. Jeezzzzz , what was I doing.
Thanx Michael.
Chart_OptionalYSeriesGrouping.rptdesign
gzevin
Ok, now I will harden the question. how do you filter out the DCRs in the tagging step that comes ina Wizard in CC STD.. provided the DCRs do not have any extensions...?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Michael
Don't know a clever way sorry Greg.
I could suggest that you could turn off the 'wizard' tagging step and incorporate the tagging step into your workflow. This might give you the opportunity to do something clever in the WFT instantiation (or a prior external task) like remove the DCRs from the tagging step but still have them associated with the rest of the workflow.
I haven't actually done this before so apologies if it doesn't work or is impossible....
Cheers
Michael
gzevin
I knew that you'd amswer that way. I don;t know either. This is why I think I need to write an article called 'Wizard Tagging Considered Harmful'
IMO, it's an absolutely useless step, that has not been thoroughly thought thru architecturally....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Michael
Hi Greg
Totally!
But on the bright side, at least it is easy to turn off... thanks for small mercies I guess
Cheers
Michael
gzevin
well, thanks to me, as a matter of fact. I requested this during beta-testing and 6.0 release. Otherwise it would have been an uproar from the users
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Michael
You're my hero Greg!
Have a great (long) weekend!!
Cheers
MIchael
gzevin
thanks, but why long? I am in NSW at the moment.. Labor Day is in QLD
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Michael
Doh!
Apologies, I had forgotten about different states having public holidays on different days -- it actually seems odd from a distance...
How about taking Monday of just to keep me from looking silly?
Cheers
Michael
gzevin
when I asked in the office about the long weekend, they told me that I spent too much time in Brisbane recently (which is true).
as for your suggestion, I would do that, but you have to pay for you being silly. Send me a cheque with my daily rate..
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU