Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwgen
yanSi
iwgen: 5.5.0 Build 45607 Interwoven 20050208
When I run iwgen, I get the following error:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unrecognized escape \s passed through at d:\iw-home\iw-perl\vendor\lib/TeamSite/
PT/iw_cscript.pm line 251.
Unrecognized escape \s passed through at d:\iw-home\iw-perl\vendor\lib/TeamSite/
PT/iw_cscript.pm line 251.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's because of the iw_cscript section in the presentation template (see attached).
I know the script works fine because when I do Actions->Generate Page in CCPro, the page is generated correctly. Does anyone know what in the script is causing iwgen to choke?
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I don't see where you even have a "\s". What makes you think it's because of that block?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
yanSi
If I cut out that block from the tpl, iwgen works
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
Migrateduser
Your code looks fine, but the one thing I can think of initially is perhaps you haven't escaped the backslashes. In other words, Perl is operating on the TPL before anything else does, so if it's stripping out your "\" in
filename=right(filename,len(filename)-InStrRev(filename, "\"))
, for instance, it might be passing an escaped double-quote to VBScript. I would say the same might be true for your file path 3 lines above it. Try experimenting with those two lines in particular... I remember one time I had to escape certain characters SIX times because the interpreters were passing the code back and forth.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
yanSi
**** interpreters, messing around with my chars and causing conspiracies in the UN with Sean Penn :-)
Seriously though, it doesn't look like it's the slashes. If I cut all of the code between the iw cscript tags, iwgen still generates the same errors.
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
Migrateduser
Ooooooookay, I think the Sean Penn remark was a reference to a movie that I didn't see
I thought you mentioned that if you cut out the iw_cscript block, it generates okay. But your previous post reads that you get the same errors if you remove that code.
Please clarify.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
yanSi
If I cut out the code BETWEEN the tags but the iw_cscript tags remain - I get the errors
If I cut out all of the code including the iw_cscript tags - no errors
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
Migrateduser
You don't have <![CDATA[ ... ]]> encapsulating your block of code. I don't think it's required because your template is in non-XML mode, but what happens if you include that?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
yanSi
If I do this, the same errors still come up
<![CDATA[
<iw_cscript language='vbs'>
Dim objFileScripting, objFolder
Dim filename, filecollection
Set objFileScripting = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFolder = objFileScripting.GetFolder("Y:\default\main\CFPSA_SD\PSP\DeployedOps\WORKAREA\work\templatedata\PSP Page\Testimonials\data")
Set filecollection = objFolder.Files
For Each filename In filecollection
filename=right(filename,len(filename)-InStrRev(filename, "\"))
Wscript.echo "<a href='#'>" & filename & "</a><br />"
Next
</iw_cscript>
]]>
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
Migrateduser
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The documentation recommends putting the CDATA stuff
within
the <iw_cscript> tags.
The documentation I'm referring to is at
http://YOUR_TEAMSITE_BOX/iw/help/tst/pt/TeamSite__PT__iw_cscript.html
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
testreport_Sorting.rptdesign
yanSi
I'm still getting the same errors with that syntax. I really appreciate all your help Dave.
It seems to me like the opening tag is causing the problem, not the code inside the iw_cscript tags. Is there a config file I have to touch somewhere?
I'll try pluggin in a sample vbs block and see if that chokes.
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server
Edited by yanSi on 04/29/05 08:26 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
Sorry you're still getting the same errors, though. I haven't had a need for this tag, yet, but I'm always trying to learn... in the 4 examples that are given, I noticed that the <iw_pt> tag is always open (as opposed to the <iw_pt/> tag that you have and that I generally prefer, too). That would suck if iw_cscript has to be used within an iw_pt block, but it's another possibility.
Maybe someone from Interwoven could comment on this?
I just realized it's only 8:30 over there... I've been here for many hours already
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
Migrateduser
I was looking at iw_cscript.pm near the line where the error is occuring and found this little gem:
$this->emit_perl("
# <iw_cscript>
if(1)
{
...
Probably a bad sign to see superfluous code immediately when you're not even looking for it, huh?
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
yanSi
I just tried copying a sample block of code from the documentation into my tpl; one with iw_pt tags around the iw_cscript tags and still the same errors.
Oh well, if I can't find a solution I could always convert the thing to perl.
TS 6.5
Windows 2000 Server