Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
how to read OpenDeploy SNMP service output?
CBCOperations
We're interested in monitoring the OpenDeploy base server activity / status using the SNMP agent. I have gotten the agent to start and to respond to requests from our monitoring server, but I don't understand how to interpret the values from the agent. For example, the MIB containing the status of the server returns this:
% snmpget -v 1 -c opendeploy 192.168.6.192:16101 1.3.6.1.4.1.18783.100.4.0
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.18783.100.4.0 = INTEGER: 0
What are the semantics of this integer value? Is "0" for up and "1" for down? I stopped the OpenDeploy 60 Service but the value of this MIB did not seem to change (even after I waited a couple of minutes)
- Julian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
The MIB for server status is
ODServerStatusMib — 1.3.6.1.4.1.18783.100.6.0
return status should be 1 when the server is up running and 0 otherwise.
Looks like the ID in the post is for deployment "sending" load of the server.
thanks
srini
CBCOperations
Whoops, my mistake! The OID you provided works fine now and has the behaviour described.
Tonybrew
Have you tried using net-snmp to monitor deployments? If so, would you mind sharing the command you used, and how you set this up? Thanks.
Tony