Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
issue with validation of replicant field..
motlnt
Hi All,
In TS 6.5,
I have few replicant fields in my DCT and there are some required fields in it...when I try to save the DCT w/o entering anything in the DCT it gives me an error at the bottom of DCT asking to fil those values but the screen does not show any 'RED' error line above the replicant item.
Is this the way it is suppose to work in TS 6.5??
Thx in advance,
MJ
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Hi Manju
I tried the sample DCRs on my system, running 6.5
When I changed a sample DCR to have a required field (book review template)
and did not fill it in, it turned red on my screen.
I know you have a number of hidden fields, is there a chance that one
of those are not getting filled ?
Try the sample templates.
Andy
motlnt
okie..
this is Manish here...we all worked for the same project..
in your datacapture.cfg we are refering to DTD version 4.5..does this cause a problem...
even unfilled fields turns red in my case but the error message in 'RED' does nto show up...
MJ
Nicholas
I seen, there were some other posts on the samebefore saying the same issues. If you can send your DCT, will help to figure out your problem.
Thanks Nicholas
motlnt
here is what I have in my DCT...
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE data-capture-requirements SYSTEM "datacapture4.5.dtd">
<data-capture-requirements type="content" name="DIY_Tools">
<ruleset name="DIY">
<description>Enter information for DIY Tools.</description>
<script src="/iw/mercer/js/formapi/init.js">
</script>
....
<item name="Contact Details">
<replicant min="0" max="10" hide-name="f" default="0">
<item name="NME_CONTACT_LAST_NAME">
<label>Contact Last/Family Name</label>
<description>Last/Family name of a consultant/practice head whom users should contact for more information about the document's content. Contact name(s) may or may not appear on the site.May be replicated if more than one Contact.</description>
<text required="t" size="20" maxlength="50"/>
</item>
<item name="NME_CONTACT_FIRST_NAME">
<label>Contact First/Given Name</label>
<description>First/Given name (and middle name or initial) of a consultant/ practice head whom users should contact for more information about the document's content. Contact name(s) may or may not appear on the site.</description>
<text required="t" size="20" maxlength="50"/>
</item>
<item name="NME_CONTACT_EMAIL">
<label>Contact E-Mail</label>
<description>E-mail address of a consultant/practice head whom users should contact for more information about the document's content. Contact name(s) may or may not appear on the site.</description>
<text required="t" size="20" maxlength="50" validation-regex="^[a-zA-Z-0-9_\.\']+
@[a-zA-Z-0-9_\
.]+\.([a-zA-Z]+)$"/>
</item>
....
</replicant>
</item>
...
</ruleset>
</data-capture-requirements>
any comments?
MJ
Edited by motlnt on 05/03/05 09:01 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
I wonder if it's because your VFE is not inline. Total stab in the dark, but that's my guess.
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
jbonifaci
From the sounds of what you are saying, everything is working as designed, I think. You're saying you get a message at the bottom of your screen and the fields that are required and not filled out turn red, correct? That is working as designed. What I'm hearing, I think, is that you think there should be an error message above the field as well? That has never been the case with templating. You do get a red error message on workflow instantiation screens, but that has never been the case with templating.
~Jeff
Nicholas
You are not getting any error message while saving because you defined <replicant min=0 in replicant that means without any replicant instance you can save the DCR.
If you want to show red ... message you may need to write something like this..
<replicant min="1" max="10" hide-name="f" default="0">
Thanks Nicholas