Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
issue with workflow back button...
motlnt
here is the scenario and issue I am facing..
in TS 6.5
steps:
Logged in CMS as an editor.
Updated and saved a DCR.
Clicked Finish on Edit DCR page.
Selected "My Workflow" as selection.
After the workflow window is reloaded clicked on back button.
It displays a blank page
does it the behaviour of TS6.5?
any comments?
MJ
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I've noticed the same behavior in 6.5 AND in 6.1 and it's very annoying. I'm wondering if this is "officially" recognized -- this is typical of HTTP, but because they put a Back button there, this should be fully supported.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
cliffhanger
We had some IW representative visiting us couple of months ago and we reported the same issue, and they said this is a known bug in 6.1.
I guess they didn't fix it in 6.5 either.....
Migrateduser
I wonder if we could encourage someone from IW to respond as to when this might be fixed. Was this formally filed as a bug, then?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
cliffhanger
I am not sure, but they mentioned that they were aware of it. I just did a search on this in the support side, didn't find any bug filed for this issue.
May be someone else know whether this is filed, if so what's the #??
Migrateduser
The only bug I could find (from a cursory search) has this as steps to repro:
1) Go to any wizard
2) Click next
3) Click browser back button, there should be some issues. For example, in copy wizard after you click next the copy has occurred, if you click previous wizard button, it correctly doesn't let you do another copy, however if you do a browser back it would let you do a copy.
The bug id is 43476.
Someone should probably ask support to open the bug described here. Engineering can always close it as a duplicate if it turns out my search was bad.
regards,
lissa
Johnny
There are a few threads in templating discussing this in the form window.
There is a way with javascript to block things like backspace, F5.
You could probably do that too in the instantiator screen as well.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
I think the problem is with the back button provided on the form, itself. At least, that's what I've noticed. I don't think IW should be responsible at all for "correcting" the browser's back button problems, as this is an HTTP characteristic. However, the iwwft's back button is screwy.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Johnny
ahhh I'm sorry, I didn't read the post correctly.
That's my que!
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
right, that's what I thought the post meant. I couldn't find any open bug that had these as steps to repro.
sorry.
lissa
test.pdf
Migrateduser
Does that mean basically that this issue would need to be filed as a bug? I'll gladly volunteer to do it, but I'd need a pointer or two since I haven't yet filed any bugs with IW. I just complain about 'em!!
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Migrateduser
yes, it means someone (you are a fine choice!) needs to file a bug.
To do that you open a support case, and provide steps to reproduce the problem. Be sure you include the version information (the more current the version the better).
Then you tell DevNet members the bugid, so they can request that their company name be attached to the bug. The more companies that ask for a fix; the more likely it will happen (generally).
regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
Okay, will do. Thanks, Lissa.
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Migrateduser
I'm pretty new at my current client and I thought they might have had a workflow set up to kick off via tt_data, but they don't. So, in other words, I'm not working in an environment currently where (1) a valid support contract is in place
and
(2) a tt_data workflow can be used to duplicate this error.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.