Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
File upload cgitask script returning strange error
System
I'm hoping someone has at least seen this before...
I have a rather simple file upload script which posts to itself. The form consists only of a "file" input type and when I submit this form, I see the following error:
TeamSite : Wrapper
Error: CGI startup error: failed POST read - query_len = 431817, returned len = 764
The file I'm trying to upload is about 430K, so that's why that first number, but is this indicative of anything?
TS 6.5 W2K3
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What CGI module are you using for processing this?
CGI.pm
TeamSite::CGI_lite.pm
other?
I found problems working with TeamSite::CGI_lite.pm with an upload script because it didn't work well with multi-part forms.
That doesn't sound like your problem - but it may be something similar.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I'm using CGI.pm -- I don't much care for CGI_lite.pm. I'm wondering if this is an HTTP thing or more of a TeamSite problem.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Migrateduser
I figured out the problem -- I was posting this form with the wrapper, but I wasn't calling it in the right way. Working great now.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Adam Stoller
Perhaps you can elaborate on what the "wrong" and "right" ways were ?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
As odd as it seemed, the ONLY aspect I changed was posting to "/iw-bin/script.ipl" instead of "script.ipl". I can't imagine what the difference is but perhaps in the way the wrapper is referenced.
Any ideas?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.