Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
when/where enforcement of <allowed> for DCTs
System
in templating.cfg, there is an <allowed> specification you can apply to DCTs...
it appears these specifications only apply/are enforced if a user is in a non-DCT directory and does "File->New Form Entry" and gets the "Select a Form" screen...if they are not allowed access to that DCT, then that DCT won't appear on the list of DCTs to select...
HOWEVER, if a user is not allowed access to a DCT (say /Department/AboutUs), but they navigate directly to /templatedata/Department/AboutUs, and do the "File->New Form Entry" from that directory, the DCT pulls up for them with no problem/error/message...
is this a bug? or am I just not understanding the usage of <allowed> correctly?
thanks,
-Rori
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
If that is truly how it is functioning, then that is most definitely a bug. I know you know how to contact support... so do so if you can and file a bug,
.
Migrateduser
was wanting a second opinion before I filed a support case, so thanks for the sanity check :-)
Migrateduser
as a followup, this became bug # 61738, but it's a little bit more involved than just pulling up the DCT Form for you...posting details, just in case anyone else comes across this...
the full (buggy) behaviour with the <allowed> attribute in templating.cfg is as follows:
1) if I am anywhere in the workarea, other than in a specific DCT directory, then when I do "File->New Form Entry", the picker DOES filter the avilable content types correctly...no problem there...
2) if I navigate directly to the /templatedatea/Employment/Navigation directory, and from there do "File -> New Form Entry", in SP1 it allows me to, and brings up the DCT for editing ("New Form Entry" should be greyed out)...I can also go directly to a DCR and click "Edit" to pull it up (shouldn't be able to do so)...
3) if I navigate to where a generated document is, which is generated from this content type (verifiable through the properties/EAs), I would think that if I don't have access to the template, I shouldn't have access to editing files generated from it! I expect to see the "edit" link next to the document greyed out, or at least an error message when it goes to load the DCR from a Content Type that I'm not allowed access to via templating.cfg configurations...
current environment is: TS 6.1, SP1 and SP2, on Windows
the last word from the support person handling the case was:
"Unfortunately, it doesn't work in TeamSite 6.50 as I tested it. Also, I haven't heard news for a service pack 3 for TeamSite 6.10."
cheers,
-Rori