Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
assign group in submit.cfg?
cc96ai
Group A - user a0
Group A - user a1
Group A - user a2
Group B - user b0
Group B- user b1
if user a0 submit the file, can we set the group premission ONLY can read / modify by Group A user
how can we check the file which belong to which's group ?
I only can see workarea_pattern and file_pattern
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you saying that in a given directory you have files which should only be accessible to one group or another - and the basis of that is completely arbitrary since it doesn't follow any kind of naming or location convention?
If so - then I don't think you want to use submit.cfg for it - you'll have to control the setting of the permissions using scripting within the submit workflow context.
However - I'd advocate re-thinking this design entirely since I think it will lead you towards a maintance nightmare. If groupA should have exclusive access to certain files - those files should be in explicitly distinct directories or have explcitily distinct file naming conventions (and vice-versa for groupB-exclusive files) - anything else is ad-hoc and quite likely to cause problems down the road.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
cc96ai
Are you saying that in a given directory you have files which should only be accessible to one group or another - and the basis of that is completely arbitrary since it doesn't follow any kind of naming or location convention?
-- YES, it will only depends on the Group of that user.
If so - then I don't think you want to use submit.cfg for it - you'll have to control the setting of the permissions using scripting within the submit workflow context.
-- Can I use iwextattr.exe to set the group ?
Do you think there have other way to secure the file which only can access by group of user ?
create another workarea or ?
--------------------------------------------
TS 6.1 W2K3
OpenDeploy 6.0
CC Pro/Std
Adam Stoller
iwextattr won't be any help for you.
iwattrib might provide you some assistance in coding a solution
chown and [iw]chgrp -- on Unix -- are basically the way to do this, translate as needed into suitable Windows commands.
I still think this sounds like a "bad design" - but since I'm not working on it, it's not my problem....
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com