Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Perl performance recommendations
rpatiban
I happened to see a hard copy of a white paper which was written by Adam Stoller, on perl script performance recommendations. If I remember correctly that was written back in 2002.
I request Ghoti/Fish/Adam to provide the white paper again. Or I wonder if anybody has a soft copy of that or lead me to the url where I can get it from.
Thank much in advance,
- R
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
You can find Adam's document
here
.
~Jeff
rpatiban
Thank you much Jeff. This is exactly what I am looking for.
I wonder if there is any latest of similar document on Perl 5.8 version.
Thanks again
-R
Adam Stoller
I have not revised the document since its original posting.
I don't believe there are any practices in there that would differ significantly with respect to using the newer version of Perl.
There are, however, some practices that might differ with respect to CLT calls with the newer version of TS - specifically if you're setting multiple EAs on files - with the introduction of the '-x' flag to iwextattr.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rpatiban
Great. I am very much glad to hear it from the horse mouth. I will keep it in mind.
Thanks much Fish
- R
jbonifaci
Don't you mean from the fish's mouth?
Migrateduser
er, gill?
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Adam Stoller
I think Jeff got it right - hook, line, and sinker :-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Grrrr, he's
always
outdoing me!! I'll have to be more on my toes (and less on my ****, as most of us are).
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.