Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Role to Create Templates
Sonny
New to TeamSite. Which role is allowed to create templates?
The TeamSite Templating Developer's Guide says to "Select File > New Data Record" to create a template. My options are "File > New File" and "File > New Record."
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Whats your TS version ?
Sonny
Running version 5.5.2 23679 20030813
iwovGraduate
what happens when you try "File > New Record." ?
What role you are loggin in as ? which UI ? webdesk or webdesk pro ?
Migrateduser
Just a side note -- templates generally refer to Presentation Templates which are typically created by developers. I believe what you're referring to are records or more commonly, "DCR's." Depending on what version you're using, it's configurable as to what role can and can not create a new DCR.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Sonny
TS asks me to select a template.
I'm logged in as Editor using the WebDesk Pro UI.
I found a file with the extension .cfg that appears to be a DCT.
Thanks for your help!!
Sonny
Thanks for the info, Dave. It does appear that my role as Editor allows me to modify existing DCTs so that others can apply the template when creating a DCR.
nipper
roles are not used in deciding who can change what. That is what Unix/DOS permissions
are for. The role determines workflow (though not as much anymore anyway), plus branch
ownership and administration type stuff.
Sonny
Thanks for setting me straight on that, nipper. Your help is much appreciated since I am in the crawling stage of creating templates.