Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Crashes on Creating New Job/Submit files.
shahid
Hi,
I am new to TeamSite 6.1. I been using TeamSite 5.5.2 for long time. I have installed a fresh copy of TeamSite 6.1 on Windows 2000 (Professional). I have installed the SP2 for TeamSite 6.1 and I have installed the suggested patch ID: 59156 which is almost 210 MB.
I could be able to login to the TeamSite and do everything but... When I click on New Job in Workflow Tab My System hangs and I forcefully have to restart my machine. Even when I select the files and click on Submit the samething happening. It's crashing my system. I am not sure what's happening here. I never faced problems as such in my career so finally I thought of posting here.
Any quick replies/thoughts or ideas are highly appreciable.
Thanks in Advance.
Shahid
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You should probably contact IWOV Support.
I cannot assist directly as I [thankfully] have not been involved with a Windows 6.x installation, but you'll probably want to gather some additional information beforehand - such as:
- how much memory is on the machine?
- how much free disk space is available on the machine
-- how much free disk space is available on the partition where your backing store is located
-- how much free disk space is available on the partition here $TMP / $TEMP is located?
- Is it the TeamSite server or the client machine that's having problems?
- Have you checked through all the various TS log files?
- Have you checked through all the windows Event logs?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
shahid
Ghoti,
The machine has 1 GB RAM and it has more than 4 GB of free space on C:\ Partition (my iw-home installed on C:\) and there is more than 221 GB on my
\ ( My iw-store is on
\). Its a fresh machine...
I don't think the space/memory is the problem.
gzevin
do you have many branches and what is the backing store size?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
shahid
HI,
I have only One branch. There is nothing in the Server/store. After installation I am testing the TS whether all the features of TS are working or not. Almost every feature is working except the above two.
Regards
Migrateduser
What do the logs (i.e. iwtrace.log) say? Also, you might want to try to download the diagnostics tool available on the Support site.
Bob
shahid
Hi,
I could be able to fix the problem. Now everything is working fine...
Thanks for your times guys.
Regards
cheeku
please help me also to resolve the backup problem, mine problem seems quite similar to yours
shahid
Cheeku,
My problem was different than yours I believe. You have a different problem. I never invloved in any backup job in my career.
Regards
avhsm
Hi,
I am new to ts and I have the same problem I created a new branch ,new workarea uploaded the files and "When I click on New Job in Workflow Tab My System hangs and I forcefully have to restart my machine".How did you resolve this issue and what are the trouble areas I should start looking at.
Thanks