Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Primitive Errors
JasonCopsey
Hi,
I'm just starting to get to grips with the basic of Mediabin and am finding these forums invaluable so thanks already.
I have encountered 1 problem which has re-occurred.
Namely, that after a prolonged period of heavy use (including deletions, copies and downloads). Mediabin just won't work.
It won't allow me to upload or download using either the windows client or the web client.
I get the messages - (at the very end of this post) - I've been through the log and these appear to be the unique ones that I get.
Occaisionally - like 1 in a 100 the asset will either be uploaded or downloaded successfully (depending upon what I have asked)
This problem remains until the Mediabin service is restarted - either with a reboot or via the computer management snap-in.
P.S. where is the log output that the error message indicates?
Thanks
Jason Copsey
Error messages follow:
---------------------------
Job History Message
---------------------------
Exception of unknown origin in Primitive {EA4C42E1}!
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
---------------------------
Job History Message
---------------------------
Exception of unknown origin in Primitive {E8759530}!
ERROR: Job {CC4A7127-5FFE-4422-A3CE-82EB3BD10628} Setting parameters in primitive Metadata Merger Primitive. RC = The operation failed. Check the log output for details
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
---------------------------
Job History Message
---------------------------
Exception of unknown origin in Primitive {E8759530}!
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
---------------------------
Job History Message
---------------------------
Exception of unknown origin in Primitive {E8759530}!
ERROR: Job {BA5F8BD5-D612-4873-84A0-B7C2BEC7F172} Setting parameters in primitive Metadata Merger Primitive. RC = The operation failed. Check the log output for details
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Does this happen always with the same asset, or always with assets of the same format?
You may have some assets that MediaBin has problems ingesting.
Folco Banfi
JasonCopsey
HI and thanks for the response,
It happens to every type of asset irrespective of the retrieval / insertion task, except in the rare (100:1) chance that it works successfully. So say I tried to retrieve 1000 assets only about 75-100 would actually work. The rest would error with the 2 messages (or similar) stated above.
Thanks once again.
Jason Copsey
JasonCopsey
Hi,
Have been running some diags this morning and I think I have tracked this problem to the MBpw32.exe process not relinquishing memory...
If I set the max concurrent jobs to 4 and ran 2 retrieval tasks on 204 assets the server correctly delivers the first 204 assets and then fails during the second task.
I set the max concurrent jobs to 3, cleared the cache and restarted the service. This time I was able to retrieve 3 and half tasks worth of assets.
Whilst running these diagnostics I noticed that the memory usage of the MBpw32.exe process would increase but not decrease. Also the failures began when the memory usage reach approximately 1,750,000KB or roughly 1.7GB (max physical RAM is 3GB, total RAM used by all processes when failure occurs is 2.25GB)
I restested with different max concurrent jobs (resetting the cache and restarting the service) and the failures start to occur at the same memory usage point. Even after 45 Minutes the memory is not released. Only by restarting the Mediabin Service is the memory released.
I have raised a support request for this and will let this forum know of any outcome.
Thanks for your interest and if you have any further ideas or comments on this please let us know.
Cheers
Jason Copsey
Migrateduser
Well, this one really sounds like one for the Support guys...
We have 3 MediaBin servers here, of which one has SQL Server on the same machine and two don't, and we haven't experienced anything like that.
We used to run W2000 but we are now on W2003, and all servers are quad-processor ones.
Good luck!
Folco Banfi
JasonCopsey
HI,
Ongoing.
This has been tracked to what appears to be some "faulty" (still readable) TIFF files.
Some files within a particular batch added to Mediabin cause the memory leak in the TIFF decoder whilst others from the same batch do not.
I've submitted both "faulty" and okay TIFFs to the support desk and will let you know of any findings.
Interestingly the memory leak occurs when I browse the assets in Mediabin Client on the server itself - without performing any kind of get action.
Cheers
Jason Copsey
lyman
A few clarifications. The error: Exception of unknown origin in Primitive {EA4C42E1}! refers to the Tiff Decoder primitive. The "short id" is admittedly far from useful and it will be replaced ina future release the full primitive name. Apologies for not getting to it sooner!
The logs of interest in job errors tend to be mbp.log (on by default) and prim.log which usually needs to be turned on in the registry. Unfortunately in most cases the logs contain a copy of this exact error (hence the "see the logs" comment is not all that useful). Again it is historical and never got patched.
The current best estimate is that this is data dependent. I know you have submitted a few test files. Any more examples of files that cause problems will help track down commonalities. For example it appears at the moment that your "bad" files all contain Exif data nad the "good" ones do not, but that is an empirical observation not backed up scientifically.
I'll make sure this thread contains the latest information. Please stay tuned.
Thanks,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
ICSOZA
Did any thing come out of this ?
We have encounter the same problem on Medibin 4.5.1 while getting 11 files.
These files can be retreived inidvidually, but when all 11 are being retrived under single task, 50% fails randomly.
lyman
Please contact
support@interwoven.com
. There are several patches available fixing memory issues.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd