Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Audio files
kajjubee
I am not able to play mp3 files in TeamSite. Clicking on the mp3 file opens up a browser with garbage. Do I need to configure something? Any help appreciated...
TS 6.5 Sp1 on Solaris 9
Thanks
K
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I assume that your MP3 file has an extension of *.mp3. Does your HTTP Server have MP3 files mapped with the correct MIME type?
An easy way of checking your HTTP Server... see if the MP3 file comes up cleanly in your HTTP Server outside of TeamSite?
Bob
Migrateduser
This sounds like a mime type problem. I assume you're using Apache -- what does your mime.types file look like? Does it have an entry for mp3 files?
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
chuckles
Are you working with this guy?
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=NEWSGROUPS_GENERAL&Number=57407&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&part=1st
But seriously, you probably just need to configure a default application for that file extension. Go intoEdit > Launchpad Setup and look at the File Types tab.
kajjubee
Thanks all for your responses. It was indeed missing mime type.
Regards
K
Migrateduser
Well what HTTP Server do you listening on Port 81? Since you are running Solaris I will asume it's Apache (IBM HTTP Server is close enough). Try editing your httpd.conf file and adding an "AddType" directive for MP3 files.
More information can be found in the Apache documentation:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html