Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to remove WorkRoute Templates
timw86
After a template has been published, I would like to know how to inactivate or delete it.
How do I remove a published template from the Template Designer?
How do I remove a published template from the WorkRoute MP Forms Manager?
How do I remove a the Workflow Template as an availabe option from the Workspace Manager > Workflow Templates?
TW
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
TW,
Hello! I'm hoping the Template Designer has a "Delete" sub-menu item under the "Template" menu that will permit you to delete the template. You can also remove the template reference from a specific WorkSpace by selecting it in the Manage -> Workflow Templates UI and clicking the Remove menu item. Let me know if you have any trouble with this.
Thanks,
Nick2112
timw86
Thanks, Nick2112 for the reply.
In template designer, I see a the "Delete" action from the "Template" file menu. It is enabled for draft templates. It is disabled for published templates. In workroute forms manager, there is not an option to delete / disable a template. I am aware that you can remove a specific template from a workspace using the "Manage" and "Workflow Templates" options.
I would like to remove a published template permanately. Therefore, it does not show up as an available template to add to a workspace in the drop down menu within the WorkSiteMP Web App. AND It does not show up as an available tempate in the workroute forms manager.
I would also like remove draft templates. I have deleted a draft template within the template designer. However, it still appears as a draft template in work forms manager. I have stoped and restarted all serverices. I have also rebooted the servers. The deleted draft templates are still visible within work route forms manager.
Any suggestions and help in regards to specifically removing "published" and "draft" templates from (1) an available option within worksite mp web app Manage > Workflow templates (2) from work route forms manager.
Migrateduser
Suggest you use
http://<server
ort>/workroute/admin.jsp
then login as your wfadmin, where you will see many options including one to delete templates.
Migrateduser
Barney: Thanks for jumping in and recommending the admin.jsp page. You beat me to it.
Tim: The URL Barney gave you is the only way to go, in light of the fact that T.D. doesn't permit you to delete published templates. This resource is affectionately referred to as the "workflow backdoor" and is... umm... undocumented. (It's also quite useful presently for the purpose of deleting processes that the Forms Manager [due to a bug] is unable to delete when you're debugging workflow forms.) Note that you must log in using the workflow administrator credentials only.
Thanks,
Nick
timw86
Thanks Nick and Barney. I will investigate this url in more detail.