Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Radio Widget syntax
PaulW
I am writing a JSP portlet for CC standard, And I am having problems adding a radio box using the widget.tld, that all prebuilt TS pages use.
I did the following for a list box, which worked correctly.
<widget:listbox name="ProjectListBox"
size="1"
cssClass="iw-base-listbox"
action="">
<widget:listentry label="News Release" value="news_release" select="true"/>
<widget:listentry label="Article" value="article"/>
</widget:listbox>
I tried a combo of different things to Anyone done this before? I know i oculd use regular html. But I wanted to do things simlar to existing pages.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PaulW
SORRY. I was being stupid.
<widget:radio name="WithinProjectRadio" action="javascript:WithinRadioChanged()">
<widget:listentry label="Yes" value="yes" selected="true"/>
<widget:listentry label="No" value="no"/>
</widget:radio>
Bill Klish
I was told that we were not supposed to use the Interwoven tag libraries because they will be refactored in the future, so we wrote our own. Are you just going ahead and using it?
QuickStartPermissions.jpg
Johnny
It would be so **** useful if we could use their widget set... right now everybody has a half carved up cms solution - part interwoven UI - part custom UI...
Where's the sanity!
John Cuiuli
gzevin
yep.. e.g., calendars... we all wrote our own, and yet IWOV has got a couple of their calendars that are not open..
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
PaulW
I never heard that they will be refactored, so i just use them. I have seen a few jobs where other people are as well. Any rough idea when they are doing that?
gzevin
IWOV simply states that any of their inner doings are subject to change. something might stay for a long time, but there is no guarantee.
many unsupported changes could be (and were, in fact overwritten, as far as I remember) by SPs
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Yes, the iwov widgets are internal APIs and should not be used. They do change
in incompatible ways between service packs, etc. It would be nice if we exposed
something like these widgets so people could get the same look and feel as the
rest of Content Center with less effort - but we don't do that at the moment.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
gzevin
but we don't do that at the moment.
may I humbly ask - why?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
As to the widgets, they're only visible if you dig around in the JSPs
and reverse engineer how things work, so that's why I say it's an
internal (unpublished) interface. Like other internal APIs we change
them to fix bugs, performance problems, clean up code, etc and
in that case backward compatibility is (thankfully) not a concern.
There are a bunch of reasons the internal widgets have not been
exposed -- some good and some not so good. For instance, the widgets
themselves are not general purpose UI widgets that can be
repurposed for other things. Sometimes this is a misunderstanding
when people hear about them. Many of them have complex
dependancies with the internal framework of Content Center.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
gzevin
well, I apreciate the reasons behind it. probably it's not your particular area, but rather for the whole engineering architects - to make such useful widgets available. Because I see calendar controls, say, in workflow screens, by IWOV, different widgets in, say, OD screens, and yet we (consultants) have to write/use some homemade tools/CGIs/JSPs ...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
abackenr
hi,
this is very surprising. the widgets are not supported, not documented, and not intended for external use. i understand that it would be useful for you all to use them, but do so at your own risk. and they will change without warning between releases, so be prepared.
that said, as jason pointed out, you should be able to reverse engineer how to use most of these by looking at content center jsps, and things should generally work nicely.
based on this news, i'll look into the possiblity of limited widget support for future releases. if you could itemize what features you want from the widgets (it seems a calendar control is a popular request), and what if any issues you have with the current widget set, we can see how we make this available in the next release.
ariel
staff engineer @ interwoven
gzevin
what do you find surprising? the request to use IWOV'v controls?
I can see here a HUGE gap between engineering and consulting in general. And this is not surprising to me, as I had seen this for last 5 years, when I was with IWOV, and when I was no longer there.
I heard that consulting's COE was helping with the release of 5.5.2, and this was a success, I think that the same things should be happening all the time
as with the controls - I think that the following is a MUST HAVE:
-calendar control
-browser control
let the others add their wishes too
I think this will be a good start
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
abackenr
i find it surprising that these controls are being used, since they aren't publicized or supported. but then again, i guess i shouldn't be that surprised. i'll take a look into how we make these controls avaialbe for the next release. by browser i'm guessing you want a dcr chooser, file chooser, and maybe an area chooser as well, right? do you also want a user picker (this is something we'll be able to do with flex roles in 6.7)?
staff engineer @ interwoven
Johnny
These are my requests
multiple file/directory chooser (like the one embedded in the task screen)
multiple 'modified' file/directory choose (like the one embedded in the task screen)
file browser
directory browser
area browser (these all can be the same widget with some sort of regex filter based on object type)
John Cuiuli
gzevin
I repeat - the guys at engineering do not work in a consulting environment and you guys do not really realize what kind of things are needed by clients.
Ok, I think we have had a good start, let's don't stop.
With what Johny has suggested - file/workarea browsers should have the ability to browse ouside of the workarea.
we need calendar controls of 2 kinds - for DCTs and for WFT init screens (it's not that I don't have them - but they should be provided by the company, in my opinion).
with users chooser - I would like to see more details on that...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
I repeat - the guys at engineering do not work in a consulting environment and you guys do not really realize what kind of things are needed by clients.
Well Greg, from what I hear, neither do you.
gzevin
what do you mean?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU