Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
email attachment to non teamsite reviewers
sachin_sharma78
Is there a way to send mail to non teamsite users (reviewers)? These reviewers just need to recieve the email containing the generated html file as an attachment. Can I use asp language called by external task to send the email with attachment to multiple non teamsite users (reviewers) or it can be done by called by iw_solution_email.ipl?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
Yes, you can send email to non- teamsite users also.
Both the options are open.
Thanks Nicholas
sachin_sharma78
Thanks Nicholas for your reply but since I dont have much idea of using any of these options so if possible could you please send me the snippet of code.
Thanks,
Sachin
Nicholas
okay then I need to write code for this. You need to wait for a day at least. I can prepare code for you in PERL (not ASP). If yes, let me know
Thanks Nicholas
gzevin
As to how you send to other users is up to you to implement the list of such users , etc.
to send mai with an atachmentl, you can use MIME::Lite.
e.g.
$msg = MIME::Lite->new(From => 'sender@example.com',
To => 'recipient@example.com',
Subject => 'Myimage',
Type => 'multipart/mixed');
$msg->attach(Type => 'image/jpeg',
Path => 'image.jpg',
Filename => 'image.jpg');
$msg->send( );
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Just as you would programmatically send email to any number of recipients, you would do the same thing with TeamSite. Except, with TeamSite, you have a few more tools available. The packaged email scripts allow for sending to external users, first of all, or you could write your own script to interact with TeamSite to get task and iwpt_compile information. If you wanted to send the generated page as an attachment, Mime::Tools or (preferably) Mime::Lite might work well for you.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Enthu
I tried to run this code but didnt recieve the email. When I tried to get the value of $msg variable, I got it something like "MIME::Lite=HASH(0x18c86a8)". My environment is TS 6.1 and win2k3. Please help me to know if i am missing something..
gzevin
$msg is an object, so don't expect to get anything you can interpret.
if sendmail fails, some tweaking might be required to get the lite mail to look for the right sendmail program. While I am away from your environment, I suggest you to do some debugging yourself. If time's an issue, you might as well use IWOV's existing scripts, as described above
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU