Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
changing the location of the backing store
ttriemst
I am currently upgrading TeamSite from 5.5.2 to 6.5.0 on Solaris, and I have a question. When going through the install process, I accidentally accepted the default location of the backing store (iw-store). I have looked through the documentation and checked in the forums and can't figure out how to change the location. Does anyone know how to move the backing store from /iw-store to a location like /lcl/prd/data/iw-store?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
From the 6.5 CLT doco:
iwstoreadm.exe
Content Store administration involves creating, activating, and deactivating Content Stores by using the iwstoreadm CLT. When the iwstoreadm -a storename command is issued, the following sequence is triggered:
! The iw.cfg file is checked to see if a store_directory or store_comment entry
exists, if it does, their definitions are used to create the Content Store. If these entries
do not exist:
! The Content Store directory is automatically created in C:\iw-store\ and populated
with a minimal Content Store containing a branch named main. The store remains
active until explicitly deactivated by using iwstoreadm -d (even if the server is stopped
and restarted).
Deactivating a store does not delete it. A store can be deactivated, moved to a new
location, and reactivated using original name (though it will be assigned a new store
ID).
hope that helps
Cheers
Michael
nipper
If you have a single iwstore, you can also change /etc/defaultiwstore (on Unix). I *think*
that is still in use. I still have it on my system
Michael
Sorry, that is copied out the windows doco. However I presume that it is exactly the same process on Solaris.