Hi Everyone,
Figured I'd share since so many of you have helped me out. My recent experience using iwmigrate command line tool to migrate from 5.5.2 Windows 2000 to a new 6.5 Server running Windows 2003. Basically when running iwmigrate all you get is the response after it looks like its running: "iwmigrate failed"
The problem was identified as a "bug" in TeamSite 5.5.2 and 6.5 but no KB article had been posted yet so I am posting info here.
Iwmigrate fails with that above error if you run the tool using any domain account where you are a member of the local administrators group on both boxes. Being an admin on both boxes is not enough to make this tool run.
The good news is that I created two local accounts named "administrator" which are members of the admin group on each box. Then ran the account logged in with my domain ID (partners\kjv1) and the tool ran perfectly! So as long as the two local administrator accounts existed it will run. I don't have to login as an admin, just have the accounts exist.
This is an extremely unreasonable and gross assumption that the tool makes especialy considering that it is COMPLETELY UNDOCUMENTED ANYWHERE!!!!!
That is very poor quality and documentation control. Espeically when you consider that TeamSite is on version 6.5 now and this tool has existed since 5.5.
I recommended that they file a bug fix request. Interwoven indicated that they would write a KB article about this. It should state that the admin account is required and a patch should be released updating the command line tool manual and command line tool "-h" help output itself.
Keith.
Edited by kvargas23 on 05/12/05 09:30 AM (server time).