Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to associate multiple files with a DCR / TPL?
Manish_Jain
I know that iwextattr (CLT) can be used to associate multiple files with a DCR or TPL so that when it is edited the corresponding DCR opens.
I am generating multiple files from one DCR.
I want to know the code that can added in TPL and used to associate all the multiple files to a DCR / TPL I wish.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
look at the properties of the generated file and have look at its extended atributes. You will see what you want.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
This is a fairly common issue - only the output file specified on the command line to iwgen (or as directed when generating files via the GUI) will automatically have the TST EAs applied to it -- and while I believe I have a FR open (don't recall the #) for iw_ostream to provide an option for applying such EAs to its target files - you can essentially do the same in your PT that generates multiple files too.
You can determine what the "true" output file is using iwpt_get_ofile_name() - and you can compare that name to the name of the file being output (if needed) - and if they aren't the same - you can use iwextattr to retrieve the EAs from the "true" output file and [use iwextattr again] to apply them to each subsequent page being generated. All of this can be done within the PT itself I believe. (We actually do this within an externaltask in a workflow that performs the page generation - but I believe you could do it directly within the PT itself).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Lozza
I think the tag you're looking for is <iw_system command=' '/>, which can run iwextattr (or indeed any other command) from within a presentation template.
Check the docs or
http://<your
teamsite server>/iw/help/tst/pt/TeamSite__PT__iw_system.html for more info.