Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Displaying Images on DCT
kk_aa_rf
I would like to create a DCT that allows the user to create/ edit a slideshow.
The key functionality I am looking for is the ability to view the images within the DCT (without using a pop-up window).
I believe it could be done using VFE & some FormAPI code.
However, the DCT needs to handle 30-40 images and I am afraid that loading more than 5/6 VFE ActiveX control instances could cause memory problems.
Has anyone come across a solution that allows displaying images within a DCT WITHOUT using VFE?
Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TS are you using?
If you're using 6.x - the VF fields load when clicked into - not just by being present.
Whether or not that really helps in this case I don't know - I think trying to show 30-40 images on a DCT form is like showing 30-40 images on a web-page - more traffic back-and-forth and likely to be slow-loading.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nicholas
I don't think, this is reasonable. Capture the image link will be a better solution.
I was on the same track also but didn't reached to the destination.
Thanks Nicholas
Migrateduser
That's what "Preview" is for. Why would Interwoven allow for a preview-type display within the DCT? That's not what it's for.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
Lozza
With TeamSite 6.x, I'd say you're unlikely to come across memory problems with loads of VFE fields (with TeamSite 5.x you certainly would). I've encountered problems with large numbers of containers generally in TS 6.x, but with 40 or so you should be OK. Consider the use of items-per-page (an attribute of the data-type element in templating.cfg) to split the DCT up a little.
I've not seen images displayed in DCTs without using VFE, except in a callout.
Migrateduser
Actually, this makes a lot of sense and I think you have the right approach. Although I've never had a need to try this, you could select the images in one field and via FormAPI, have the images display in your VFE. There might even be a
more
sleek way to do this, but I'm not sure. And, as others have alluded, you don't need to be concerned about many VFE instances in TS6.0+.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
By the way, I miss Unix terribly.
kk_aa_rf
Thanks guys. Let me take the VFE route. I am running TS 6.1 SP1 on Solaris (soon to be upgraded to 6.5).
Will let you know what I find.
Freedom
Have you encountered problem that large amount of containers would cause event handler broken which used to work for 5.x?
Thanks