Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
URL command copy, wf update task?
Johnny
I want to update a branch/workarea with files from an edition in another branch (code promotion).
Now I can do this with a workflow update task - only I need code to determine the file differences and attach them to the task (I can't use update/submit tasks on a whole area can I?.. anyone?)
I wanted to look into using the URL commands. The closest one that I saw for an update (CopyTo) was /iw-cc/copy - only it does not allow you to specify area's. They must be files or directories (below the area).
This was the message I got when trying to specify an area (EG STAGING)
......./STAGING is not a file. Only files and folders can be moved or copied
Now how would you do an area based update?.. Do I have to rip off the CopyTo command?...
/iw-cc/command/iw.ccpro.update_workarea
John Cuiuli
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
I think you can add the file "." to an updatetask, and I think that it will update the entire area. Give it a try.
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Johnny
Interesting... I'll try it out.
The update task is not the start task - I'll let you know what happens with the start task.
John Cuiuli
Johnny
The "." did the trick.
Thanks - never even thought of it.
John Cuiuli