Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Preview And Generate Error
ttriemst
Hello all,
I am having trouble previewing files. When I edit a DCR, and try to preview it, I get a "Preview And Generate Error". The details of the error are:
The following error occured while creating file /.iwmnt/default/main/gfs_internet/WORKAREA/mpadsp_wa/templatedata/zz_tst_mpadsp_765_lock:
No such file or directory
The file was not generated.
I recently upgraded to 6.5.0 SP1 from 5.5.2 on Solaris. Before, it would create the temporary file at the root of the workarea. Now it is generating the temporary file in the workarea/templatedata directory for which it does not have permissions. Has anyone else come accross this and/or did you find a solution? I am a little hesitant to mess with permissions on the directory structure as that can make things worse.
Thanks a bunch
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
templating.cfg has the parameter for the output directory. RTFM the rest
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
ttriemst
I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I do have the "preview-dir" set in my templating.cfg file. That variable tells the application where it sholuld run the preview from (so that it knows where to pull images and other files from so that the page renders properly), which I am not having a problem with. Is what I am having a problem with is when you preview a generated template, it needs to create a temporary file somewhere. In 5.5.2, it created that temporary file at the root of the workarea. In 6.5.0, it is trying to create a temporary file under the templatedata directory. Does anyone know how or where to change this so that it does not use the templatedata directory?
gzevin
from the docs:
The preview-dir variable (in the templating.cfg file) associated with each presentation
template defines the directory where the preview file virtually exists during preview time.
A preview creates temporary files that are generated in the preview-dir directory
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Nicholas
Just set the preview-dir like below
<branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/templatedata/iw_preview">
iw_preview is the sub-directory under the templatedate, you can set any of your choice.
Thanks Nicholas
ttriemst
I was looking at the ts.650a.admin.unix.pdf documentation, on page 40, and found what I was looking for. There is a "preview_system_directory" variable in iw.cfg file that I can set. I would like to set it to the root of the workarea, but I can't find any references as how the context should be. I will contact Interwoven support. Thanks for the help.
Adam Stoller
I believe it is an area-relative path - and that if you set it to '/' - it will cause the preview generated files to be created at the top of the workarea.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ttriemst
Thanks fish, that resolved my problem. It looks like they changed the location of where the manifest and temporary files are saved to in the new version of TS.