Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
vpath in EDITION and STAGING
chenkevin
Hi,
How can I get the full vpath in workflow when I select the folder/files in STAGING or EDITION to open a new job (not from WORKAREA)?
Thanks,
K.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you saying that you pre-selected files in staging or an edition, and then initialted a job and you want to determine the full path for those files ?
Have you considered looking at the arevpath?
Perhaps I'm not understanding your question -- if so - you'll probably have to provide a lot more context and details - including what version of the product you are using, the platform, etc.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
chenkevin
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The scenario is: When I select some folder/files in STAGING or one of EDITION and initiate a workflow to deploy the content to somewhere, the __VALUE__("iw_workarea") is an empty string. It will has a full vpath string if I select the content in WORKAREA. So are there any system parameters I can get the full vpath? I am using TS6.1 on Solaris 8.
Thanks,
K.
Adam Stoller
borrow some code from show_env.ipl - modify it to dump its output into a logging file - and place it within your WFT -- then, when you instantiate the job it will show you all the possible form variables and their values, accessible to your wft in the different environments.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
chenkevin
It will provide a lot of system parameters if I put it into a cgi_task. However, if I want to get the vpath just before I initiate a job from STAGING and EDITION, how can I use it? I try to put the script into WFT file to get the system parameters before start the job, but no vpath results if the selected files in STAGING or EDITION. could you give me some advice?
Thanks,
K.
Adam Stoller
I already gave you my advice - you haven't shown me any of the results of following my advice - so you either need to do more work or show the results and we can all take guesses together.
I don't need to do this - you do - so I'm not bothering to try this out in my environmnet, you need to try it out in yours.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
chenkevin
OK. Let me explain my situation and describe the result. When select a file in one of EDITION and click 'New Job' to start a workflow. At this point of time, the parameter __VALUE__('iw_workarea') is an empty string. However, it still needs a vpath string to indicate in which edition the file is selected and pass it as vpath to start the job (or task). I borrowed the script from show_env.ipl into the WFT file. The script will return the results of ENV, cgi->{cookie} but without cgi->{form}. I mean, it is just before a real task is started. So can I get the vpath of the situation I described?
Only if the file is selected in one of WORKAREA, the __VALUE__('iw_workarea') will return the vpath.
Edited by chenkevin on 05/19/05 06:42 AM (server time).
Sandbox.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
Not sure what to tell you. If you cannot access the form variables from within the wft (which seems odd - since iw_workarea, iw_files, etc. are all form variables) then you'll have to probably contact Support and see if they can provide you any guidance.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com