Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
preview with different extension
sandy_27_1111
HI... I am generating a xml with an extension xml in templating.cfg. Now while preview i need to show a html. Is it possible to generate a file with different extension and previewing it with a different one?.
When i preview it, it shows all the html tags. Please advice
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The templating.cfg file only allows a single extension to be specified for a given PT declaration.
You can define multiple PTs for a given data type - and have one for generating XML and another for generating HTML - and select the one you want when previewing - or you can create your own custom preview menu option that runs iwpt_compile (it won't set the EAs on the output file - but you probably don't care too much about that for a preview file.
There may be a few more options you could explore - but they'll all involve some amount of custom code on your part.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Arpit
Could you elaborate what other options can be used to acheive this?
Thanks in advance!
Adam Stoller
I could possibly elaborate - but in so doing I would be practically writing code for you - for free - which I am not particularly interested in doing at this time.
I have given you the basis of methods one could go about implementing a solution and that is as far as I'm prepared to go right now - if you cannot figure out how to use that information then I suggest you hire someone who can - otherwise you will either have to learn as you go or do without.
This may seem somewhat harsh - but it is nevertheless the way things are - you asked a question, I provided an answer - two answers in fact - that explain alternative ways of achieving what you stated was your desired outcome. One is very simple and straight-forward and requires a minimum of coding, the other is a bit less straight-forward and requires a little bit of coding. Anything else will likely require more coding and as I am not being paid for it, I don't really feel like exploring it too much further in detail.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com