Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Object Modeler
johnguilfoyle
Hi folks,
Has anyone else been having issues with the Object Modeler in terms of not being able to build a new "project" based on an existing .dat file -and- a new .xml file?
When ever I say "yes" to "Do you want to use an existing XML file?" I get strange behavior. I choose the XML file, choose the .dat file and the project seems to create normally. However, I then can't make any changes -- none. I get a "Save Failed" error, and am told that "DOCTYPE Metadata table should have at least one property."
DOCTYPE is one of my custom metadata tables, and it certain has a few properties. And in fact, if I remove DOCTYPE entirely, I get the same error regarding my next metadata table. The ones giving me problems are in the XML file, not the .dat file.
The error occurs even if I hit "Save" immediately after creating the project.
I'm on 4.1 SP1... have not yet applied any hotfixes (I believe B3 is out) because I haven't yet seen a listing of what issues each Hotfix addresses.
Thanks in advance,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dbguy
It is a bug. It will be fixed in a future release.
johnguilfoyle
Thanks. It's otherwise a nice tool. Hotfix, I wonder, or the next major release?
-John
dbguy
I do not know when the fix will be available.
A work around for now is to run your existing XML through the command line Workteam Modeler to generate a dat file. Then you can use this dat file to create your new project.
Stal
Hi Did this issue ever get fixed , as I am having the same problem?
Thanks