Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
moving branches
bozo
I have a nested branch structure.
production/branch1
production/branch2
and I would like to move branch 1 out of the way such as:
archive/branch1
including editions etc.
Can I do this? is iwmigrate the answer?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I am not sure iwmigrate will move the workareas. iwconvert did not
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
PR_CL_0061.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
You might be able to use the OOTB menu options for Move or Rename after having selected the branch on which you wish to perform the operation.
iwmigrate is for transferring branches from one backing store to another - not for moving branches within a backing store.
iwconvert is for converting old (pre-5.5.2) backing stores to 5.5.2 or 6.x backing store format
- neither of those seem to match the description of what you want to do - so neither is likely to help you in this case.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
Rename will work, but will just 'rename' . Move is greyed out for the branch
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
jbonifaci
You could migrate it to a separate store, rename the top level branch and then migrate it back.