Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to get details about Task Approvers
pranav
Hi all,
I am using a workflow which consists of around 5-7 approvers.And all these approvers get the task notification through e-mail.
Workflow is working fine.One extra feature i want into my application.I want to get the name of all the approvers specific to one task.
How can we do it through perl.Can anybody send me an ipl file which is getting this kind functionality ?
In summary ::
I want ::
>> Name all the approvers to a specific task.
>> Name of only those approvers who are still not finished with their task
>> Name of those approvers who are finished their task.
My Environment
>> Teamsite 6.1 with SP2 on Windows 2000(SP4)
I hope to get some response.
-Best Regards,
Pranav
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
By name - do you mean userid or full name? I'll assume userid - if you want more - you'll have to do more work for it.
You don't provide any details about the task names being used for your review - if they have a consistant naming scheme such that they can be easily found without confusion with out task names - it should be relatively trivial.
Look at TeamSite::WFworkflow and TeamSite::WFtask
- get a list of all tasks for a given job,
- loop through that list to find all task that match the task name specification you are looking for
- extract owner and status information from each of those tasks
The functions for doing this exist - and are documented in the above mentioned modules. The coding will be up to you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pranav
Thanks for a fritful reply.I still havn't gone through the existing code,you have suggested.For the time being i would like to clarify one thing.I want the name of the approver not the user id.Lets say if i am one of the approvers then my ipl should give the Approver name as "Pranav Thakur".
-Pranav
Adam Stoller
"fritful" ?
In order to get full names - you would need to retrieve that from whatever system you use to manage your accounts. On Unix, it can usually be done by parsing the /etc/passwd file (either directly or via calls like getpwnam()) - on Windows it usually means processing account information with routines from Win32API::Net or querying directly from ActiveDirectory or some other LDAP server. If you search through the forums and KB articles you should be able to find snippets of code related to this kind of operation.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com