Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Disable event subsystem
ktasch
I am planning to install TeamSite 6.5 SP1 soon. I do not intend to use TeamSite Reporting or Search features. If those features are not used, can I disable the event subsystem? And if so, do I set ew_enable=false, or delete the ew_enable line from the config file altogether? Any information would be useful, as I'm quite new to this. Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nick_Ayles
We had some major problems with TS 6.5 SP1. The result was that no services would come up. I would definitely check with Interwoven on this to see what they recommend. Yes in terms of disabling the event subsystem you're going about it the right way. You can also set the service to disabled.
Johnny
just note that the setting disables publishing most events to the sub system, but it does not turn it off. There is no supported way of turning off the sub system.
You can issue a stop command but it will always appear from a reset/restart.
John Cuiuli
jonwood
I posted this in another thread as well, but here's how to turn off event sub. sys.
My buddies at Interwoven support report that to turn off the event subsystem for good, you have to comment out the appropriate lines in /etc/init.d/iw.server as well.
That's how I stopped it for good... I shut down the even subsystem and then commented it out of iw.server to prevent it from starting again. I also set the eventsubsystem flag to false in iw.cfg but that didn't appear to do too much.
Hope this info helps,
Jonathan