Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD6.02-transientDirectory issue
madan1
I have problem with the transientDirectory feature.
I have given the path for transientDirectory as ./iwod . But when the deployment of files starts no files are getting into iwod directory.
eg:
<listenerproperties transientDirectory = "./iwod">
But the deployment of files starts no files are getting into iwod directory
Can any one give me assistance for this
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If you're running a non-transactional deployment, you might not notice because the transient files are created and deleted as each file is deployed.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
madan1
hi,
Thanks for replying.
But I am using transactional deployment.
Even then the files are created and deleted in the same directory rather than in the transient directory(iwod)
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure specifying a relative path (./****) for the transient directory is a good idea - try using an absolute path (/var/tmp/****) instead and see if that fixes the problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
madan1
/iwod itself is the absolute path. ie.,iwod is present in the root directory /. More over I am using the UNIX environment
Adam Stoller
According to your previous post - you were use
.
/iwod
- and that leading dot (
.
) makes it a
relative
path.
If you remove the dot - it becomes an
absolute
path.
So - was your original post wrong? Have you tried my suggestion of changing it to an absolute path and seeing if that fixes things?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
madan1
yah i am using just /iwod not ./iwod. Sorry for wrong typing earlier
Adam Stoller
Are you seeing the .iwold files go into the same directory as the actual target files - or just not seeing files in the /iwod directory - or getting an error message of some sort?
If you see the first (files going, as normal, into the same directory as the target files) - then it would seem that the directive is not being followed. If so, are you sure you've restarted the server since making that entry in the server configuration file?
If the second - perhaps it's going fast enough that you're just missing seeing them?
if the third - can you provide the details?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
madan1
Thanks for the reply.
Mine is the first case: i see .iwold files going into the actual target files.
When i see the transientDirectory there are no such files getting created.
One think is that I did not restart the servers. I will try that and reply u back
Thanks,
Madan
Adam Stoller
If you didn't restart the server - that explains it - you MUST restart the server when you change its configuration file - otherwise the changes do not take effect.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
madan1
I restarted the server. Even then the problem persists
Adam Stoller
At this point - I'd suggest opening a case with IWOV Support
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com