Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Moving server
System
I am located at John Deere and we are planning to move our MediaBin server from one active directory domain to another. We tested the move in our test environment and, for the most part, users and permissions moved correctly.
One small item that did not change as we were expecting...
When emailing an asset as an attachment, the presend window showed the old local server name in the subject:
FDPNSDAPP6\MBtb12960 has sent you a collection of MediaBin asset(s)
I could change this on this screen to the new domain. SDE\MBtb12960. When I did this one time, it saved this so whenever I used the email option after that I got the new domain.
How is the send from information set. How can this be changed for all users?
Thanks... Tim Beck
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
I quote below the response I got from one of our senior client developers:
Lyman:
The question is how to change the default "sent-by" user name in the subject line of an email attachment.
This information resides in preference files for MediaBin web client users. There are two ways to change it:
1. Simply have the user type in the appropriate information in the "EmailAsAttachment" form displayed by the MediaBin web client. The new information will be saved back to the user's configuration file.
OR
2. Edit each user's preference file and delete or edit the existing information. The preference files are located on the MediaBin web server under the Saved\UserData folder. Each file is an xml file whose name is a user's SID. Email preference information will only exist if a user has used the "EmailAsAttachment" feature previously. Within the xml file the following element exists that contains email preference information. The entire element or any of its subelements can be edited or deleted to achieve the desired results.
<EMAIL>
<SentBy_Name>interwoven\mpyles</SentBy_Name>
<SentBy_Address>michaelpyles@aol.com</SentBy_Address>
<AddressBook>^mpyles@interwoven.com</AddressBook>
</EMAIL>
Hope this helps,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Lymon,
Thanks for getting back on my question. Since we are moving from one domain to another, I wish there was a global way to make this change. I wil revew with our systems folks to see if your opitions will work for us.
Thanks again,
Tim Beck- John Deere