Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
BEA8.1 With Teamsite 6.5
Bhargav Coca
I am on TS 6.5 on win 2003 server. We are not implimenting TeamPortal, because 6.5 doesn't support the latest versions of any teamportal. I am integrating it with out it. I have my OD configured to push the files to t he Weblogic server. I have my DAS running which deploy the metadata to the common Database. I am not sure how can we integrate this to be an automated process , keeping in mind that the way BEA 8.1 queries database is quite different. Please can any one who can help me her> just give me a right direction to go to accomplish this.
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Phil
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 ships with a delivery adapter for BEA portal. It uses the BEA tool called Bulkloader to load files and metadata into BEA's content repository. I have not tried the OD adapter yet but I have used Bulkloader and it should work for what you are trying to do.
Check out the OD 6.0.2 Admin guide page 434 for more on the BEA Portal adapter.
Phil
xhtml.JPG
Bhargav Coca
Thank you Phil, This might work for me. I have a question here. This document you have specified, says to add <odAdapterSet> with in target element. Does it mean in the configuration file in the target host?
Thank you in advance
Edited by lilleywhite on 05/20/05 03:07 PM (server time).
Phil
That instruction is referring to the <target> element in your deployment definition file on your base server.
Phil
gzevin
Well, I wish you luck, as, IMO, TeamPortal is not a working product at all. Something that is in pre-alpha version.
Are you using BEAPortal Server as well?
in my recent project I architected the deployment in the way that the BEA bulkloader does the upload of all the content to BEA repository. That works pretty well
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
birtpdf2.JPG
spiderman
yes , I am not using Teamportal, i am doing exactly the same way as you did before. I was wondering if you can give m a little insight, on how to impliment it. In my view, i am going to write a script in my workflow, where the content contributer generated a html file and also the metadata property file and submit it through the workflow. this will put these files into the bulkloader. If you think of any other process lot easier than this to implement please let me know.
thank you
gzevin
This is exactly how we have done it. Every file gets .md.properties file generated along with it.
For content deletion there are some specific deletion parameters for the bulkloader.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bhargav Coca
Hello Sir,
I was wondering how you implemented the naming convention for generating the html and properties files? I was thinking about making the DCR name which the author enters as the default name for the generated files? will this work? I have an other idea of generating md.properties file in the template itself, use onSave event which takes the required fields and iwgen a md.properties file, can this be done here? if not how can i parse my metadata to the workflow.
My diectory demands me to have unlimited number of html files using one DCR, but with automation through workflow, isn't it wise to have copies of my DCR's with different names in different locations. I kindly seek you guidance.
Thank you
Bhargav Coca
As an expert in Integrating BEA with Teamsite, you have done it in a spledid way. I was wondering what was the Database used for at the end. I don't think you needed DAS or Standalone deployments, cuz there is nothing to be deployed to the database, as you are generating you html and md.[roperties file in the workflow, taking the values from the dcr. So the datadeployment is redundant at this point.
Thank you
gzevin
Well, I'm not an expert.. just learning...
yes, DAS/DD are redundant in this case.
to be fair, IWOV suggests the integration that I've done (and reccomended) as one of the methods as well.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
by turning DCR autonaming on and generation HTML name out of DCR name will work.
as to your other requirement - I's all liquid, just do whatever you need
either way will work.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bhargav Coca
I am using the "beabulkloader" adapter instead of "weblogic" adapter. i have made the changes as needed. My question is, there are two commands which should run when the html and md.properties files reached bulkloader. They are "load_cm_data.cmd" and "delete_cm_data.cmd" is there an option to plug this commands in the adaptor configuration or the configuration file for open deploy. Please see the following snippets of code for my adapter files. I am putting in both weblogic related and beabulkloader related adapter files.
Thank you so much in advance.
###########################weblogic###############################
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE weblogic SYSTEM "file:///OpenDeployNG/adapters/delivery/appserver/weblogic/dtd/WebLogicAppServer.dtd">
<weblogic>
<admin userName="weblogic" password="weblogic"
passwordEncoded="no"
weblogicJar="L:\bea\weblogic81\p13n\p13n_system.jar;L:\bea\weblogic81\portal\lib\content.jar;L:\bea\weblogic81\portal\lib\content_system.jar" explodedFormat="no"
adminurl="t3://192.168.185.116:7001"
/>
<action name="deploy" sourceAccessibility="no"
stage="no"
appName="portalApp"
targets="192.168.185.116" />
</weblogic>
##################################beabulkloader##############################################
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE BEABulkLoader SYSTEM "../dtd/BEABulkLoader.dtd">
<BEABulkLoader>
<load userName="weblogic" password="weblogic"
passwordEncoded="no"
loaderClasspath="L:\bea\weblogic81\portal\lib\content_system.jar;L:\bea\weblogic81\portal\lib\content.jar;L:\bea\weblogic81\p13n\lib\p13n_system.jar"
adminurl="t3://192.168.185.116:7001"
appName="portalApp"
repository="BLRepository"
baseDirectory="L:\content\cm_data"
/>
</BEABulkLoader>
##################################OD configuration file snippet##########################################
<target>
<targetFilesystem area="E:\EDRcvr\OpenDeployNG\tmp"/>
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes"/>
<permissionRules file="0644" directory="0755"/>
<replicationFarmLink>
<external name = "MYFARMNAME"/>
</replicationFarmLink>
<odAdapterSet>
<odAdapter name="WLAppServerAdapter"
class="com.interwoven.od.adapter.delivery.appserver.weblogic.WLAppServerAdapter"
parameter="F:\OpenDeployNG\adapters\delivery\appserver\weblogic\conf"/>
</odAdapterSet>
<odAdapterSet>
<odAdapter name="BEABulkLoaderAdapter"
class="com.interwoven.od.adapter.delivery.appserver.beabulkloader.BEABulkLoaderAdapter"
paramater="F:\OpenDeployNG\adapters\delivery\appserver\beabulkloader\conf"/>
</odAdapterSet>
</target>
Please help me here, thank you
gzevin
I have just ran bilkloader, I have no knowledge of this way of upload.
we've done exactly per spec:
java -classpath %CLASSPATH% com.bea.content.loader.bulk.BulkLoader -verbose -repository "MyRepository" -application portalApp -d %CM_DATA% file1 file2 filen
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bhargav Coca
where di u load this command in the configuration file, do you have a sample where you load this command?
thank you
gzevin
we put this command in the DNR part of the config file.
I don't have the file, it's with the client
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bubas_IWOV
Hi,
I need to integrate BEA Weblogic 8.1SP3 and Teamsite 6.1 in Solaris. The last we i worked on was using Team turbo wich is out now.
How do i integrate the two? Were can i find documentation about the setup of the virtualisation? What about preview how do i preview in the portal?
Regards
B
Johnny
Greg, what options are there for deleting content with the bulkloader?
I can see how it would create/update content. Is a deletion just as simple?
As in - pass in the file list - if a file does not exist (and has no md.properties) - bulkloader removes that file from the repository
John Cuiuli
gzevin
John,
I will fetch the deletion command from the client for you, they would have the working version. as I said, I did not retain the latest config files.
but from what I remember, the deletion was pretty easy,
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
are you talking integration of the portal or the BEA server itself? with the portal, there is no way to preview in the context of TeamSite. One has to login to the portal server to view the content.
in general, it's kind of a big effort to make everything work together - workflows, configs, etc, etc
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bhargav Coca
I guess i have been missing a alot of stuff on this thread, Well few things to note, you can do integration with out using the Adapter provided by the interwoven. but you need to have that done through a not so complicated workflow. The deletion.....Hmmmmmm. always a problem.
There are two options for this, one is to have a delete workflow, which deletes the files form the webserver and the next time the Load_cm_data command is run, they get deleted automatically. the other option is to literally delete the files from the target box and then do a build, this will aslo work. Most companies or per say a good programmer never goes for this option.
Thanks
Johnny
Thanks... I'm interested in seeing an actual real example of content deletion.
So far it seems to me that we need to have a dnr to post process what was deployed/deleted and invoke the bulkloader accordingly.
I figured this must have been done numerous times before - some solution ideas would be great.
John Cuiuli
Bhargav Coca
hey John,
i would suggest few things here.
If you have a delete workflow which deletes the dcr and the generated html and md.properties file, fun this and have a external deploy stage which runs the update script for the bulk loader. this will delete the entries on the webserver box, Never run delete_cm_data.cmd in the workflow, unless you have a back up for your database. I have never tried this process, cus we have restriceted our client to update those which aleady show up in the portal, if he deletes it , it is gone. Seems easy job, but have to be more careful in doing so.
i would like to hear about you implementation in this scenario.
thank you
gzevin
why would you do a build for the content? are you sure we are talking about the same stuff?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bhargav Coca
I was reffering to do a total upload after you have deleted everything from Bl repository. I guess thats more unuseful way, but that which works when ever you have to delete a html and properties file.
thanks
gzevin
John,
is that e-mail address is still good? I've got heaps of stuff to send you, better do it via correct e-mail address.
GZ
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU