Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Embed scripts in available_templates.cfg
bagman
System: TS 6.1 SP2 on Solaris
From searching the posts here, I see we're not the only one having problems with using the branch constraint in the CC Standard interface. We could restrict it by role, but with 100+ users that change frequently, that would be a nightmare to administer.
So, I was thinking how to dynamically generate the user constraint based on "group" since that's how our branch access is also controlled. If we could embed a Perl script in the available_templates.cfg file that could read the /etc/group file for a particular group, we could write the user contraint based upon members of that group each time the config file is read.
I thought this might be possible since using embedded scripts in the XML config is pretty much how presentation templates and WFT files are written anyway. However, they apparently use special tags that wrap the CDATA section which I don't see in the available_templates.dtd.
Is there a way to do this? Or has anyone found a way to provide a similar function to deal with the portal interface?
I think I'm going to put in a feature request asking that "group" be a new constraint option.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think I'm going to put in a feature request asking that "group" be a new constraint option.
There's probably one or two other such FR's already on file for this (for several years now) - contact support and ask them to find one for you to add your orgranization's name...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com