Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
My Favorites portlet
khan
Is it possible to put the My Favorites portlet on the right-hand column of CCStd? If so, how? I've tried without success.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Check out the User Interface Customisation Guide (UICG).
In particular check out portal_custom.xml
Cheers
Michael
khan
Right, thanks. I have and it offers no help. I've tried moving, inserting, etc. with no success.
Bill Klish
We had a bunch of issues getting these moved around, but it is possible.
Can you paste in the snippet from your portal_custom.xml file so I can see what you are trying to do.
khan
Woohoo! I'm glad to hear it's possible!
What we have now:
<iwov-portal>
<portal-page id="iw.ccstd.home.portal-page">
<!--
First column; width is 30%
-->
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column1.portal-group" width="30%">
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.how_do_i.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.content.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet"/>
</portlet-group>
<!--
Second column; width is 70%
-->
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column2.portal-group" width="70%">
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.work_in_progress.portlet"/>
<iwov-delete>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.search.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.tasks.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_forms.portlet"/>
</iwov-delete>
</portlet-group>
</portal-page>
</iwov-portal>
What we want:
<iwov-portal>
<portal-page id="iw.ccstd.home.portal-page">
<!--
First column; width is 30%
-->
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column1.portal-group" width="30%">
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.how_do_i.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.content.portlet"/>
</portlet-group>
<!--
Second column; width is 70%
-->
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column2.portal-group" width="70%">
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.work_in_progress.portlet"/>
<iwov-delete>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.search.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.tasks.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_forms.portlet"/>
</iwov-delete>
</portlet-group>
</portal-page>
</iwov-portal>
Thanks!
Bill Klish
Very weird. I get this to work in 6.1 but not in 6.5. I am testing it on 6.1 SP1 and 6.5 both running Windows 2003 EE. Might be better to file a support case for this. The syntax to get it to work in 6.1 (had refids in there) looked like this:
<portal-page id="iw.ccstd.home.portal-page">
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column1.portal-group" width="30%">
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.how_do_i.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.how_do_i.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.content.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.content.portlet"/>
<iwov-delete>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.my_favorites.portlet"/>
</iwov-delete>
</portlet-group>
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column2.portal-group" width="70%">
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.tasks.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.tasks.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.work_in_progress.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.work_in_progress.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_forms.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.my_forms.portlet"/>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.my_favorites.portlet"/>
</portlet-group>
</portal-page>
crosstab-description.zip
khan
Darn it. We're on TS6.5.
Thanks for your help, b.
Adam Stoller
Have you tried it with less of the redundant context?
<iwov-portal>
<portal-page id="iw.ccstd.home.portal-page">
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column1.portal-group" width="30%">
<iwov-delete>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet"/>
</iwov-delete>
</portlet-group>
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column2.portal-group" width="70%">
<iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccstd.home.my_forms.portlet">
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet"/>
</iwov-insert-after>
</portlet-group>
</portal-page>
</iwov-portal>
I just tried this out on a 6.5 system and it
seemed
to work
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
khan
I finally got this working in TS6.5. The difference between this time and last week is I added in the refid's. BUT, I also had to first remove the portlet from the left column, run make_toolkit, then added it to the right column, and run make_toolkit again. I also did this last week, but I didn't do the refid's, so I don't know if that was the problem. Even today, it took me several tries to get it to work without any bugginess. Seems temperamental, but it is do-able.
But I still have a question about the refid's. Do they need to be there because they haven't up until now that I've tried moving My Favorites to the right side. And, with the refid's in, I get xmlvalidate errors when I run make_toolkit, although it builds fine.